What a Mess

Started by not4me, June 17, 2013, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

not4me

So it's official - Urgent Care is in a Mess - and one more reason why healthcare should not be solely in the hands of clinicians and why consultation should mean what it really means.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22902761

Inspector Knacker

It ain't rocket science, if you shut down A&E departments, you'll get more people at what's left open.
If you have a problem, are you going to go to a minor injuries unit without a dedicated doctor or go to where there are all the facilities available.....? I believe services are being run for the convenience of the service providers ... what next, ambulance routes, where you drag yourself to an ambulance stop where one passes every half hour........ till six pm thst is and no service on Sundays.....?It would be so logical and cost effective too ....... :(
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Riddler5 on June 17, 2013, 05: PM
It ain't rocket science, if you shut down A&E departments, you'll get more people at what's left open.
If you have a problem, are you going to go to a minor injuries unit without a dedicated doctor or go to where there are all the facilities available.....? I believe services are being run for the convenience of the service providers ... what next, ambulance routes, where you drag yourself to an ambulance stop where one passes every half hour........ till six pm thst is and no service on Sundays.....?It would be so logical and cost effective too ....... :(

Please don't give the powers that be any more ideas ...  ;)

Inspector Knacker

So you haven't heard about planning permission being sought for s giant catapult at the Florence Nightingale executive estate ( formerly Hartlepool general) site to launch urgent cases roughly in the general direction of North Tees Hospital ..... getting there in record time ..... (a fee will be charged.)........?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.