Dangerous Dog

Started by tankerville, June 16, 2013, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tankerville

A Staffordshire Bull Terrier was loose around the estate it attacked two dogs being walked by their owner it then went into a garden.

The occupant opened the door to see what was happening this mad dog then forced it's way past and then set about attacking their dog locking it's teeth into the poor animals neck.

A neighbour rushed to help get the dog off he was bitten on the arm by this mad dog.

The pet dog was badly mauled blood everywhere.

What happened next is beyond comprehension. The police were called they arrived 3 hours later.

When details of the attack given the officer said there was nothing he could do so either leave it In the garden or let it loose.

Hartlepool Council & R.S.P.C.A  did not want to know either.

Officer was asked what if attacks a child or another dog ?  He just blanked the question and drove away. 

Don't waste your time reporting dangerous dogs to Police. R.SP.C.A. or Hartlepool Council.

stokoe

dog needs to be put down,then the owner kicked s**t out of the only way.

not4me

My own sister's dog was savaged while she was walking it on a lead by a Staffy wandering the streets. It survived for a fortnight afterwards in a terrible condition before finally having to be put to sleep leaving her with a colossal vet bill which she could ill afford.

The Staffy was normally kept in a fenced garden but had jumped the fence and it wasn't the first time it had broken loose. The owner's had never been seen taking it out for walks.

My sister, who is in her 60s and has had both hips replaced was left traumatised by the whole episode but she had received precisely the same 'nothing we can do' response from the Police.

The Staffy was itself finally put down after it had attacked another dog but not in response to any action by the Police but because the 'owner' had decided that it was 'more trouble than it was worth.'

Sometimes I think the Police make decisions on the amount of paperwork involved and whether or not they can be arsed.

Lucy Lass-Tick

It almost seems that there are some people (particularly tattooed young chaps) who deploy 'hard' looking dogs as an accessory, just to prove their street cred. Mind you, it isn't just big dogs which can be nasty; I was bitten yesterday by a very, very small terrier which was visiting nearby - in fact it was so small that it could just reach to sink it's teeth into my ankle - still hurt, though.  People need to recognise that their pets have behavioural problems, and get training for them, as well as using a muzzle.