Last of the Ged Eyes

Started by steveL, June 12, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

One of the criticisms of the MR audit was the intermingling of income and expenditure between MR and Who Cares(NE) which reminds me of Ged Hall's claim in the council chamber that 'the two organisations are completely separate.'

It's not looking good for Gerard and his role as Portfolio Holder when the £680,000 connected care contract was awarded.

Last week, I heard him on Radio Hartlepool praising the station after it had received a 5 year extension to its broadcasting license. The day after, an advert for his accountancy business appeared on the station. Hall is a board member of Radio Hartlepool and, in all likelihood, it is one of the myriad of part-taxpayer funded organisations for which he does the accounts.

He doesn't seem to declare an interest in any of them on he HBC website even though he uses his home address as the registered office of at least one CIC company set up by OFCA. Odd one that because OFCA has used its own address many times as the registered office of numerous companies that it has set up.

Acting as the accounant for many of these community based organisations and CICs appears to be how Hall makes much of his money and from where much of his business appears to come.

The question is, why him? Are these organisations shopping around for accountants in order to get the best deal? I'd love to see the Radio Hartlepool invoice sent to Hall for his advertisements.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

ah well.....Ged doesn't like questions, you know so I'm not surprised he took his lanyard and left.  ;)