A welcome and a question to new members...

Started by perseus, June 07, 2013, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perseus

Hi everyone, I imagine the whole 'Councillor Wilcox/Manor residents shambles', together with the explosion of Hartlepool Post followers on twitter has attracted lots of new members keen to find out more about what the hell is going on within our towns council.

Please feel free, feel welcome, to introduce yourselves to the forum regulars. We'd be very interested to know what attracted you to this site, and how you feel about the recent goings on with our towns council.

Please, reply to this thread. Say hello. What do you think of Manor Residents? Councillor Wilcox? Councillor Akers-Belchers 'leadership'?

bimbo 1

Not many people no about this site ,they only no what they read in the mail .If it wasn't for MRS Gooding no one on the manor any wiser about Angie and the SCABS . The kids and people who have lost out on this crumbling estate ,while Angie took a load of people to Egypt 3 times a year fishing what happened to the park pond like everyone else .It is a shame for the honest people ,and yes she did starve her dog ,and NYPD was created for Angie daughter to run.You can see on there faces they are guilty as sin. I cannot  believe that we let such scum like scab and angie come on the real manor rez GET THEM OUT

fred c

As a miserable whinging moaning old sod........ welcome to the miserable whinging moaning young sods.

The more people that look at this site the more people will realsie that Hartlepool council is run by "The Mob" a group of self serving, no goods who are more interested in what they "Get Out" than what they "Put In"

New faces means new "Craic", new ideas, & new Insights into what goes on in our town................. and it doesn`t cost 55p

pensionater

I came to the site because i was disillusioned with the way the town was going under Drummond.Sometimes i am a little confused by some debates/arguments on the site as i believed it was a site set up by independent thinkers and not necessarily independent voters.That being said it is the best place to find out what is really going on in our town and the self help attitude of some, but not all of the present council.The problem is the word needs to get out to a wider audience which isn't possible through the Hartlepool mail due to what i see as bias towards the council.Maybe an on-line petition could be started to instigate an investigation (police or otherwise)into what i think is criminal acts being carried out by Wilcox in the Manor ward.

jaffa

I totally agree there should be a protest or petition.put in order to get Wilcox and her Daughter & clan out of MRA she is disgusting.and the labour council will lose a hell of a lot of votes Manor Estate is a well k nit community and will not tolerate her bull crap anymore!!!!

bimbo 1

Come on someone with a bit of umf help us get rid of Angie her daughter and the f**ty belchers ,if the manor people find out where there money has gone I think they will drag them out screaming and kicking what we need is the true facts of what should have been the manor people money ,you see the mail only gives half the truth they dart go against them  so bring back the old editor HARRY he was a true MANOR LAD but because he told the truth they got rid of him (so if you see this HARRY can you help us get rid of the mob) PLEASE

bimbo 1

so who can help us get them bags of crap out and how do we go about doing it.

steveL

The Trustees have the authority to remove Wilcox from her position and the longer they wait before doing it, the more likely they will be accused of being complicit it everything that has been going on.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

SRMoore

^THIS^ And spreading the word enough so that when the local elections come around next year people show their disgust by voting Labour out. Whether you have voted labour all of your life or not, the only way these people will listen to you os to hit them where it hurts and that is in their pockets! If the people of Manor House reelect a labour councillor the mob will take it as a green light to continue fleecing you as it'll tell them they are untouchable.

brassed off monkey

Quote from: steveL on June 11, 2013, 11: PM
The Trustees have the authority to remove Wilcox from her position and the longer they wait before doing it, the more likely they will be accused of being complicit it everything that has been going on.

I believe there are 2 other councillors who are connected to Manor Residents, as members of the board of trustees Cllr S Akers Belcher & Cllr P Beck, the point is long past for them to be able to dismiss Ms Wilcox from her position as manager & attempt to claim the moral high ground for doing so.

What is important to remember is this Audit is for the last year only, the problems highlighted by it are obviously of long standing & people should be asking, why has it taken so long for HBC to initiate this particular Audit  ::)

The problems at MRA are long past the capability of an audit by HBC, an Audit by a forensic accountant going back a number of years into the accounts of this organisation would be the way to get to the bottom of this problem.

Vincent

Quote from: brassed off monkey on June 12, 2013, 08: AM

I believe there are 2 other councillors who are connected to Manor Residents, as members of the board of trustees Cllr S Akers Belcher & Cllr P Beck, the point is long past for them to be able to dismiss Ms Wilcox from her position as manager & attempt to claim the moral high ground for doing so.

What is important to remember is this Audit is for the last year only, the problems highlighted by it are obviously of long standing & people should be asking, why has it taken so long for HBC to initiate this particular Audit  ::)

The problems at MRA are long past the capability of an audit by HBC, an Audit by a forensic accountant going back a number of years into the accounts of this organisation would be the way to get to the bottom of this problem.
[/quote

As MRA is a publically funded company so we the pubic should have the right to appoint an independant "forensic accountant" to carry out an in depth audit.

I for one would put my hand in my pocket to help pay for this service - anybody else?

I will even pawn the Rolex I bought in Turkey to pay for it

steveL

I would agree with all of that. I guess I'm describing what should have happened rather than the disgrace that has happened. SAB and Beck are clearly acting in what they believe is the interests of the Labour group rather than the interests of the local taxpayer or even the interests of Manor Residents which, we mustn't forget, still has a number of good people doing good work for the local community.

The shame is that, unless something is done soon and I mean very soon, there's a real risk that the whole organisation will be brought down by this woman.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Quote from: steveL on June 12, 2013, 12: PM

I would agree with all of that. I guess I'm describing what should have happened rather than the disgrace that has happened. SAB and Beck are clearly acting in what they believe is the interests of the Labour group rather than the interests of the local taxpayer or even the interests of Manor Residents which, we mustn't forget, still has a number of good people doing good work for the local community.

The shame is that, unless something is done soon and I mean very soon, there's a real risk that the whole organisation will be brought down by this woman.

Yet another reason that Councillors should not be allowed to be "Connected In Any Way" with organisations funded by the ratepayers.

There are extemely hard working people doing a good job within certain areas of Manor Residents, but i really think the Organisation in its present form is passed redemption & should be wound up, there should certainly be no more funding from HBC.

jonno

I am appalled that  Hartlepool Bough Council  ( HBC ) is not involving the police over the Manor Residents  Association either to bring convictions or prove that there is no crime committed . I am also disgusted in the way Council staff are using twitter to slander other council staff .

(C Akers-Belcher‏@AkersBelcherProtected account8 Jun
@gedknotted Sometimes being a former Counter Fraud manager assists uncovering the real truth of those using attack as a form of defence)

Surely HBC has policies and  procedures with regard misuse of social networking sites.

I previously lived in a sleepy village outside  London, and  the local Councilors believed they where above the law and  code of conduct .  What we did was  a standard letter stating the complaint and requesting a reply each letter  needed  be filed in by members of the public with name address . The letters where  places in all local amenities and popped into a box so that we had over 500 complaint letters . We found this by far  better as the council had to reply to all letters and could not ignore the public.

I would like to  suggest that a standard letter requesting a police  investigation in MRA  and complaint of elected  council members conduct on social networking sites.

This man will not be voting labour while living in Hartlepool .

marky

There was a word used on HTH a few weeks ago which seemed to sum up the present incarnation of the Labour Group perfectly. The word was 'spite'. It's source is Christopher Akers-Belcher but it has now permeated the whole group.