Ben Houchen. 'Delivering for Hartlepool'

Started by Inspector Knacker, June 30, 2018, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Made very interesting reading with him telling where the money has been spent, our total for the year being £13 million. I'm pleased that we have another body giving us a breakdown of where the money went and where it came from. It made a pleasant change from swaggering 'look what we did and aren't we clever' school of self promotion we've grown depressingly used to.
However, when reading the Mayor's site I was disappointed that when accessing other authorities sections I was unable to find what they had received and only given a list of Councillors.
It would be nice to compare Tees Valley expenditure in each of the Tees Valley's authorities to see the overall picture. It's ok saying we've had £13 million, but if you find other authorities are receiving twice as much, it's not so good.
I'm not saying another authority is receiving twice as much. BUT, why can't we see the full picture so we have all the information to judge?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Truthache

I tried making that comparison and wondering why only the figures for Hartlepool are published.  Seeing what the other areas have received funding for may even give some ideas for Hartlepool to access in future.