Beetroot Face...................

Started by mk1, June 28, 2018, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

see Barclay here

https://www.facebook.com/hartlepoolmailnews/posts/1970906152929225

There is something very wrong with the photo. It appears to have been badly re-touched in order to make  the whole of his head match the colour of his cheeks and nose. By trying to hide his drinking problem they just made it more obvious. 

Inspector Knacker

The face is too small for the head.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 28, 2018, 09: PM
I think you may be right. Another photo of him in the same position has been used and the face 'cloned' into this pic.
You have to wonder what was wrong with his 'original' face. Obviously they did not notice in time to get everyone back for a re-shoot so they had to run with it hoping no one would notice.
It reminds me of The dear Leader being so vain with one of his election leaflets that he had all the wrinkles in his face airbrushed out.

Airbrushed at left, original wrinkly face at right. Note the blurring of the crows feet and the removal of the eye-bags.

As used in his leaflet

mk1

There is a clear line around his face

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Maybe it is sunburn that happened while wearing a balaclava?

...or maybe it is cosmetic surgery to try and disguise himself from somebody once associated with MRA.
I don't believe it.

Truthache

By any standards it is a crap portrait.  Surely the image should include all that of the chain of office to have any real merit.  I wouldn't take any pride in the image if it is meant for official publication, with ot without Photoshop.

mk1

I cropped  2 people out to concentrate on his face. The original photo is in the link.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on June 28, 2018, 10: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 28, 2018, 09: PM
I think you may be right. Another photo of him in the same position has been used and the face 'cloned' into this pic.
You have to wonder what was wrong with his 'original' face. Obviously they did not notice in time to get everyone back for a re-shoot so they had to run with it hoping no one would notice.
It reminds me of The dear Leader being so vain with one of his election leaflets that he had all the wrinkles in his face airbrushed out.

Airbrushed at left, original wrinkly face at right. Note the blurring of the crows feet and the removal of the eye-bags.

As used in his leaflet

You can put speed stripes on a bin wagon, paint it racing green and cover it with air fresheners, but it's still a bin wagon.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jeffh

Looks like Barclay masks could be on sale at the civic centre

fred c

Is this part of the £3 Corbynites new PR Campaign....Whoever did the Photo Shopping needs to brush up on his /her skills.......It's makes him look as though he has either, been standing to close to an open fire for hours or standing to close to a bar counter for even longer.

It would certainly cause a fuss if someone who has the skills did produce Barclay Masks and handed them out to attendees at the next full council meeting....Would wearers been thrown out ?

DRiddle

Well, one thing's for sure, they can't photo shop his liver. I'll give it 3 years, 5 max, before the junk mailed is piled up so high in his front porch, the flies are circling and his little dog is trapped in his house skinnier than Angie's.

Imagine the worms after they're munched their way through his alcohol soaked corpse? The worms will be partying like it's new years eve.

I have a theory that in recent years the plan with our mayor's in similar to what the church do with the pope. Pick an old one, wait for the inevitable and then 're-affirm the faith' with a big civic funeral.

Too far. . . ? 

Lucy Lass-Tick

Certainly not 'in the best possible taste' as Mr Everett was wont to say ...

fred c

I drove along York Road around 11pm....Frain, Thomas ****** ******* Cook and a few other LabMob drones where at the bottom of the ramp dishing out propaganda leaflets....I didn't see Barclay, but then again I didn't pass KJ's.

no6bus

He was definitely there in a casual blue shirt

fred c

Quote from: no6bus on June 30, 2018, 04: PM
He was definitely there in a casual blue shirt

I did have my Ray Bans on, they probably cut out the 'Glare'.