Field of dreams.

Started by Inspector Knacker, June 24, 2018, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Sometimes you drive past something on a daily basis then you suddenly think "Hang on, that's not right'.
I'm refering to the former Brierton school playing fields. The top site demolished and the bottom site part demolished and remodelled for some other use, but no longer a school. My problem is the high fence erected around the school fields that prevents kids using them as they used to. The tennis courts appear abandoned and the fields only used for organised games at weekends.
I spent a lot of time on those fields as a kid down near Catcote road and I'm appalled they've been fenced off for local kids to play on. No use whining on about obesity in children while recsources like this are denied to the kids to use.
It makes no sense at all.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

The top where the girls High Scool was located in fenced off separately, the site is up for sale and like every bit of green space will end up as housing.

The tennis courts have, as mentioned been left unattended and are now overgrown with weeds, the Basketball Court now appears to be a car park, the sensible option, was to incorporate those facilities with the Gym and Football facilities, showers etc.

During the summer months I often noticed people playing tennis and basketball, sad to say but a Vanity Visions only take into account the requirements of the ruling classes, the plebs can amuse themselves by avoiding stepping in dog s***e.

Inspector Knacker

Which begs the question why are former open green areas being closed off and children denied access to open spaces that are unused most of the time?
Some kids can have acces to all sorts of 'activities' and facilities if they're in a controlled group.
Why is play being regimented? I never recall being lost for something to do with my friends. It appears that there's a need to teach kids how to play. They don't, it comes naturally.

Lucy Lass-Tick

To compensate for the lack of playgrounds, our esteemed Leader will doubtless appear in the Mail showing his bounteous goodwill by offering kids free swimming in the summer holidays.

That is, unless he needs the Mill House pool so he can practice walking on water ...  8)

Disgruntled voter

The SCABS could let the kiddies use their big bellies as bouncy castle.....not a bad idea considering most of the time money has probably been gobbled up by the pair

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on June 25, 2018, 10: AM
That is, unless he needs the Mill House pool so he can practice walking on water ...  8)

,,,,which would be perfect for a maritime themed festival!  He (CAB) and the other Labourites could be made to walk the plank...with the Mill House pool filled with sharks, just to make it realistic and to entertain all those kids that can't find an open playing field!
The multiple 'things' that are happening in this town that tear away at the fabric of our society, now on a regular basis, are, I believe, part of a plot (orchestrated by whom, I don't know!) to see just how much deprivation the people of Hartlepool will take before they wake up and rebel!  HBC seem to be shutting Old folks homes regularly then selling the land off asap!  When will the good folk of this town wake up and realise that we are being sacrificed in every way, just to provide another exotic holiday, another bottle of veuve cliquot, another failed business idea, another  half million quid of Hartlepool Council Taxpayers money down the drain!  Let's make sure at the next local election, that the labour group do not win ANY seats!

Inspector Knacker

The town over the past 15 years has divested itself of those services vital to an independent town without a fight from those who are supposedly there to defend them.
An inexplicable compliance to take part in actions that lose services like courts, hospital services and a 'talent' for giving them away and nodding in mute compliance as they sail out of town into the sunset.
The sheer affront of having new paving stones laid as being sold as a major investment in this town is ridiculous. Previous councils just did it as part of the everyday act of maintaining the fabric of the town without all this absurd egotistic bandwagon we get now. These clowns organise a band and a press conference every times they open a packet of crisps.

Johnny Bongo

Inspector K, it seems that you have shamed HBC and/ or the Councillors for Manor into at the very least, tidying up the Brierton tennis courts!  Well done! Today, I saw someone cleaning them (of weeds, I presume!) so maybe, just maybe, the courts will come back into use again in the near future.....and no doubt SAB and the other two useless lemons will claim it as their own idea, have the obligatory photo shoot and milk it for all it's worth!