Hanging gardens of Hartlepool.

Started by Inspector Knacker, June 11, 2018, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Driving back into town I stopped at Raby Road/ Middleton Road traffic lights and looked up to to marvel at the abundant vegetation on the Odeon roof. I'm now waiting for the first report of pedestrian injured by falling tree in the Mail.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

I know people have different view on things, but the council have jumped in to CPO the Can House, whatever your thoughts why don't the council do the same with the towns major grot spots.

The Odeon, Shades, Old Market, 42nd Street (which is falling to pieces) and other tips owned by the same outfit are just left to rot, you can't ever hope to make the town a better place to live in by spending millions of pounds tarting up hotch potch areas in the vain hope of improving them when they would be better off leveled and started afresh........the only one's who can't see it are the F***wits driving the bus.

mk1

Take a look at the The Grand Hotel next time you pass it. The woodwork has not been painted for a long while and is in a very poor state with exposed woodwork and cracked and peeled paint. The amount of paint on the actual glass suggests the last time it was done they employed a bloke who advertised in a newsagents window so  it looks like they are trying to save money and that is not a good sign.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.6853643,-1.2134006,3a,15y,0.69h,110.15t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sY26vUAky3lReOuFX59UWmg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Inspector Knacker

While vanity projects are shouted from the rooftops, the basic everyday things from grass cutting to painting long neglected barriers on the side of the road are ignored. Yeah, let's all celebrate the Dear Leader remodelling Church St when it didn't need it while the town's fabric descends into faded decline.

kevplumb

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 11, 2018, 03: PM
While vanity projects are shouted from the rooftops, the basic everyday things from grass cutting to painting long neglected barriers on the side of the road are ignored. Yeah, let's all celebrate the Dear Leader remodelling Church St when it didn't need it while the town's fabric descends into faded decline.
spot on
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

pieface

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 11, 2018, 03: PM

Well said. Over the past few weeks having travelled around the North East I would sadly agree and confirm the decline is probably the worst here in Hartlepool. Much better maintained and welcoming elsewhere.

fred c

Yep....we have a council who have neglected the basic services and amenities in the town for Vanity Visions.

I noticed whilst riding past Brierton School yesterday, the fenced in Tennis courts have been neglected to such an extent they are no longer usable overgrown by weeds and grass, the Basketball court is now a carpark.

There's a dearth of sporting facilities in the town and they haven't taken the time to maintain 2 of them.

Only in Hartlepool and only under the LabMob.

Inspector Knacker

Like dim crowing cockerels they think the sun comes up to see them crow!
All this preening and posturing does nothing to hide the 'bleedin obvious'. Look at the balls at the one time over hyped then quickly forgotten balls roundabout. They're rusting, never seen a coat of paint for years, but crack on chain sawing trees to plant more...trees!
Look at the various buoys and other artefacts left to rot on roundabouts on main roads into town with years of rust  streaks down their sides, all because there is no apparent schedule of routine maintenance to keep them in even a semblance of care.
It's like the municipal version of a multi generational lottery winning chav family splashing out on buying a stately home, ignoring  then throwing out the valuable contents inside and splashing out on shiney, sparkling hypnotic  tat to surround themselves with, while the neglected building collapses around them.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Remember many years ago when they painted the railway bridges around town at a cost of £5000 a bridge.

It was asked why so expensive and the response was that they have never been painted in decades and need to be stripped right back before painting.
This was followed by the comment that it would be cheaper in future with regular maintenance.

The bridges were never maintained. 

Just like the lamp posts that are rotting all around me at least.
They have to fall down before anybody does anything.
I don't believe it.

pieface

Quote from: fred c on June 13, 2018, 08: AM
Yep....we have a council who have neglected the basic services and amenities in the town for Vanity Visions.

I noticed whilst riding past Brierton School yesterday, the fenced in Tennis courts have been neglected to such an extent they are no longer usable overgrown by weeds and grass, the Basketball court is now a carpark.

There's a dearth of sporting facilities in the town and they haven't taken the time to maintain 2 of them.

Only in Hartlepool and only under the LabMob.

Lack of choice, maintenance and dog dirt plus vandalism in Hartlepool "facilities" meant we stopped using them with our children. Abandoned the millions prison facilty too. Again sadly better outside of Hartlepool.