Motorist first, motorists last and all points in-between

Started by mk1, June 07, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

The junction of Raby Road/Hart Lane is another example of the way pedestrians are never considered important enough to have any input into road changes. The safety rail on that corner has encroached on the pavement (I presume because a straight section is cheaper than a curved one) and they plonk the  pole for the lights in the centre of the pathway! I expect they will say that is because putting the pole on the kerb might run the risk of a motorist scratching his car as he turned the corned-so instead they place it in the pathway and let the pedestrians deal with the obstruction.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Knowing HBC they'll claim this obstacle course to be a pioneering project to ensure pedestrian fitness ... oh, hang on there ... there's no gurning councillor taking a photo-call, so maybe not.

Heknocks68

Must allow for wide loads turning, mayors limo etc,= loss of section of "foot"path , pedestrians do not count, check out the many "I park were the f..k I like and the full wits ( term used loosley) dare, dare not invoke action. "Foot" paths, ignore the clue, are a mere extension of the personal parking bay,  Any   enforcement employee cannot do anything, ( lack of powers) police insufficient human resources , future estate planning fails to deal with such issues, in simple terms, little island, it is was it is, reduced space, you will find that if keep building/concreteing it, floods etc will become more prevailant as the natural sponge is eroded ( built on) and oh yeh, we keep saying "come on in"  ban abortion, ban the condom, all welcome, makes me appreciate going abroad and trying to learn a new concept and language, god bless you all in power, do us a favour next conflab, nod off and stay that way. Can I take this opportunity just to say, well, good bye. Keep well and stay safe. Bye.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I think you are being overly generous saying the roads favour the motorists.

Try driving down Burbank Street and turning right at the end onto Mainsforth Terrace.

The right of way snakes across the road confusing many drivers, especially in the dark, rain.
I speak from experience as I had some lad miss the give way and go right into the side of me.

Hard to believe such a bizarre layout is legal.

Get to the end and then play chicken trying to see if any traffic is coming.
If a low sports car comes along you have zero chance of seeing it.

Accidents waiting to happen everywhere.

Mainsforth Terrace is like driving along a bouncy castle, obviously resurfaced by clowns.
I don't believe it.

mk1

Burbank Street? Do you mean the junction coming off Newburn Bridge?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Burbank Street where half the houses are boarded up after being featured on a few fly on the wall documentaries.

The right of way doesn't run from top to bottom of the street, it goes off down side streets.
I don't believe it.