No 36 Bus.

Started by mk1, June 04, 2018, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: no6bus on June 05, 2018, 05: PM
In a nutshell Hartlepool's takings are from the Hartlepool fleet and Stockton's from their fleet, they are then added together for overall takings from teeside

Thus all takings/passenger numbers for the 36 are counted as Stockton revenue. That means none of the passengers swept up by the 36 will be taken into account by a survey of passengers on Hartlepool busses. That means a survey would undercount and (if it were a company prepared to cut services to the bone in pursuit of profit-which it is x10)  provide an excuse to more cuts.  It may all end up in the same pot but Hartlepool Stagecoach are having a good number of their target passengers hoovered up by the 36 which shadows the No 6 from the town centre to Owton Manor Lane.

jawsbbc

Quote from: mk1 on June 05, 2018, 06: PM
In a nutshell Hartlepool's takings are from the Hartlepool fleet and Stockton's from their fleet, they are then added together for overall takings from teeside

Thus all takings/passenger numbers for the 36 are counted as Stockton revenue. That means none of the passengers swept up by the 36 will be taken into account by a survey of passengers on Hartlepool busses. That means a survey would undercount and (if it were a company prepared to cut services to the bone in pursuit of profit-which it is x10)  provide an excuse to more cuts.  It may all end up in the same pot but Hartlepool Stagecoach are having a good number of their target passengers hoovered up by the 36 which shadows the No 6 from the town centre to Owton Manor Lane.
any one know if STOCKTON /MIDDLESBROUGH  buses stop at 6pm hartlepool is one of the worst  only a handful of buses run after 6pm 36 being one and i think the number 7 what does make me angry is they are regenerating seaton but after 6pm there is no way of getting there from the other side of town thinking more of the none drivers/elderly that i suppose would go to seaton if there were  a bus

no6bus

But when the service 1 did run on a night there was minimal use, I know as I often had no passengers

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Was that when we had a hospital ?
I don't believe it.

no6bus

no6bus

Quote from: mk1 on June 05, 2018, 06: PM

since the 36 stopped going to the marina their numbers have dropped as people now catch a bus that Hartlepool operates to get them there

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: no6bus on June 07, 2018, 12: PM
But when the service 1 did run on a night there was minimal use, I know as I often had no passengers
When services are in flux, constantly changing and expensive they tend to lose custom. Not helped by a Labour Council who were amongst the first off the mark to cut subsidies. How a Labour Council could cut a service that their voters rely upon shows utter ignorance or playing politics by blaming the tories and their cuts?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Who can doubt today's Private Sector  Bus Service is much, much better than the rickety infrequent and unreliable Public Sector effort.
See how bad it was in 1971 when you only has bus services numbered 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13, 15,& 16. Hardly any choice at all compared to today!

Inspector Knacker

Yeah, it was hell in those days, a No6 bus every ten minutes and no problem getting home after 11 at night. Didn't even need a car then .
Like most 'services' from buses to medicine to politics, you get the distinct impression nowadays they're run for the convenience of the provider. and they always tell you it's much better than it was. Yeah, whatever!

Inspector Knacker

Just a thought, why don't they do what some other operators do and rebrand as the X36! Gives the impression it's an efxpress service, but still goes round the houses on the same dismal timetable.
Perception is everything, but you'll still need a shave when you get off if you do the full journey.