Barclay out of the blocks quickly

Started by DRiddle, May 31, 2018, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

I think the next 12 months will be interesting. After the way James Black ran rings around him in his first stint in the chair as mayor, sources tell me things have quickly gotten worse for Mayor Barclay. Barely a day or so after he was given the gig on the promise he funded the rifty, Alan was 'tired and emotional' and gave a mouthful to a newly elected independent councillor while out walking his dog.
He also got a bit tetchy when a local publican asked him why he hadn't been in the pub much lately. Seemingly he doesn't take well to people making reference to the 'rumour' that he likes a drink.

fred c

Living in a Glass House, especially when you happen to be a complete a***hole, you should expect stones to be thrown in your direction, what is really needed is audio and video captures of him making an exhibition of himself......There is no way he can avoid lapsing in his default mode..... and it won't take long

BTW has there been any action over Mad Dogs "FRO" recorded comment to 2 PHF councillors.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

CAB has been posturing on Facebook too.

Apparently they are still saving £100K by not having an elected mayor and he has a good relationship with council officers. You couldn't make it up, but I think he might be.
I don't believe it.

DRiddle

The 'we'll save a million over 10 years' by getting rid of an elected mayor' argument falls down ever so slightly when you bung yourselves an extra 31% and are looking to get 3 more councillors on the gravy train.

That's not even getting into the millions wasted since Drummond left office.

As an aside I see another 'charity worker' got 8 months this week. In the article it mentions an invoice for some 'work'. The work was deemed to be in no way worthy of the £3,950 invoice.

I wonder what the work was? Gardening?