new mayor

Started by jawsbbc, May 25, 2018, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Must admit that our first thoughts were that this was a spoof. Then we looked at the Labour party Facebook page ... and found that it was real. Now that is scary!

fred c

A car crash waiting to happen.....in fact it could end up as a motorway pile-up. ::)

mk1

Can't wait until they post something of him speaking. Who can forget this turnip  sat through a talk on the various branches of the Royal Navy  at the Museum launch and then at the end took them to task for not mentioning his old comrades in the Royal Engineers. . The room went completely silent as it was pointed out that was The Army and not the Royal Navy!
I remember seeing Barclay a while back in a Tesco's. He  appeared to be on his way to a Council Meetun and looked quite smart in his suit and he even had a briefcase. However he spoilt the vision when he placed his briefcase on the floor and it clinked!

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Is this what finally tipped Wells over the edge ?
He's suddenly discovered that he does have morals and standards. Have the coalition finally lowered the bar (no pun intended) so far that even he cannot justify crawling underneath ?

kevplumb

Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on May 25, 2018, 05: PM
Is this what finally tipped Wells over the edge ?
He's suddenly discovered that he does have morals and standards.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Did Sue Snowden (in the red hat) come all the way to Hartlepool just to see the drunk?

Every time she visits she sees the standards have sunk lower than the previous occasion when she thought they could not possibly pick a worse candidate.

How times change.
http://www.hhtandn.org/bundles/home/uploads/images/images/8677/two-mayors-in-church-square_large.jpg

Inspector Knacker

And his chosen charities will be?
Will he pay the Danegeld?
The good folk of Trumpton have a more credible Mayor.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 25, 2018, 06: PM

Johny Walker and AA!

I understand Paddy the can man makes a good living just on the contents of Barclay's bin!

jeffh

One of them has got to be The Rifty House .........

jeffh

I saw a picture on Facebook of Cook congratulating Barclay on his recent appoint as Mayor - the big Fibber was nowhere to be seen.

Is this because he is now denying ever been Mayor, and disassociating himself from the money collected in the name of charity that went to the Rifty House project - just in case the Charities Commission gets involved? - which, by the way, he has nothing to do with.

mk1

Other Councils pick real Charities

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/16250751.New_mayor_elected_as_outgoing_mayor_raises_thousands_for_charity/?ref=mr&lp=17

but in 'Artlepoo-el you have to agree (in advance of getting elected) give a slice of the action to the Dear Leaders Family.
Let us see if the tradition of giving the SCABs a (financial) back-hander is continued.

stokoe

Wouldn't suprise me if they have put father jack in to take the spotlight of real shithouses,scabs ,Richardson, james cranny and all.

crisstw

Quote from: jeffh on May 25, 2018, 06: PM
One of them has got to be The Rifty House .........

almost!!

Quotemy chosen good causes for my fundraising are the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal and the Hartlepool Armed Forces Liaison Group." As well as promising to raise cash for the two armed forces organisations, Coun Barclay has also pledged his support to the town's Rifty Youth Project.

Read more at: https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/new-mayor-of-hartlepool-takes-chains-of-office-for-next-12-months-1-9181728

You couldn't make it up.... It's clear for all to see, anyone can become Mayor of Hartlepool, they've just got to make a donation to the Rifty Youth Project!

kevplumb

stinks worse than my netty after a gallon of Guinness and a vindaloo  :o
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment