Mayors Charities

Started by crisstw, May 24, 2018, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crisstw

Interesting:

QuoteHartlepool's mayor has handed over more than £21,000 raised for two charities during his year in office

Read more at: https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-mayor-raises-21-000-for-two-town-charities-1-9177866

Either we're being mislead into believe that the Rifty Youth Project is a Charity or they will have to produce annual accounts, seeing as they've received over £5,000

fred c

A copy of an email I sent to the monitoring officer regarding Big Fibber Becks Charities.....note the date........
After a game of email tennis, Beck eventually stopped calling the Rifty a charity, he has since re-stated it is a chrarity.....

13 July 2017 14:28
To: ***** ******
Subject: Mayors Charities

Hi *****

I am aware of the fact that Cllr P Beck the Ceremonial Mayor has stated that his chosen charities for his year in office will be MacMillan Cancer Support and The Rifty Youth Project.

MacMillan Cancer Support is obviously a well known national charity, however, I have contacted the Charity Commission regarding the charitable status of The Rifty Youth Project, I was informed by them, that they have no records of The Rifty Youth Project being registered with the Commission.

Given that information, I have to query how the Ceremonial Mayor can justify adopting as one of his chosen charities an organisation that is not registered as a charity.

The situation could arise that members of the public make charitable donations, and at a later date become aware that the donor organisation was not if fact a charity, to put it in simple terms, is The Rifty Project actually a charity or is it not a charity, if it isn't a charity, should Cllr Beck have nominated it as one of his 'charity' choices.

Johnny Bongo

I wonder if the next (Labour) Mayor will be nominating The Rifty as his chosen charity also? Or maybe this time it will be OFCA...who knows!

admin

Quote from: crisstw on May 24, 2018, 02: PM
Interesting:

QuoteHartlepool's mayor has handed over more than £21,000 raised for two charities during his year in office

Read more at: https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-mayor-raises-21-000-for-two-town-charities-1-9177866

Either we're being mislead into believe that the Rifty Youth Project is a Charity or they will have to produce annual accounts, seeing as they've received over £5,000

The million dollar question here is exactly how consistently the £5k barrier needs to be topped before registration with the Charities Commission becomes mandatory. Getting that defined precisely by the Commission is like knitting fog.

fred c

It must be some size of Pot that this bunch P*** In.......

Inspector Knacker

I have one question, why is he promoting a project in another councillors ward when surely he should be investing that money in a youth project in the ward he's supposed to represent?
Unless of course he's incapable?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

jeffh

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 24, 2018, 06: PM
I have one question, why is he promoting a project in another councillors ward when surely he should be investing that money in a youth project in the ward he's supposed to represent?
I believe he also donates part of the Hart Ward Budget to Rifty House Youth Project, in so denying Hart Ward residents of funds to which they are entitled.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Sounds like income to me, is the tax man aware ?
I don't believe it.

jawsbbc

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on May 24, 2018, 05: PM
I wonder if the next (Labour) Mayor will be nominating The Rifty as his chosen charity also? Or maybe this time it will be OFCA...who knows!
is ofca alive and kicking still ?? is jutland road  hub even open or haveofca  they gone back to  catcote road?? no movement or lights in jutland road for months heard they made the staff redundant

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: jeffh on May 24, 2018, 06: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 24, 2018, 06: PM
I believe he also donates part of the Hart Ward Budget to Rifty House Youth Project, in so denying Hart Ward residents of funds to which they are entitled.
His electorate should be told.

jawsbbc

Quote from: crisstw on May 24, 2018, 02: PM
Interesting:

worth a read this was in 2011 for the rifty         https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/councillor-s-relief-as-name-cleared-1-3876142

Inspector Knacker

I'm still trying to comprehend the thought process of basically ignoring your own electorate and giving funds that, in my opinion, would have been more fittingly used within his own ward.
Tell me he lives in his ward.

jawsbbc

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 24, 2018, 09: PM
I'm still trying to comprehend the thought process of basically ignoring your own electorate and giving funds that, in my opinion, would have been more fittingly used within his own ward.
Tell me he lives in his ward.
sorry he doesnt  funny enough he lives in sabs,    james ,and barclays .                                                                                      Councillor Paul Beck
Paul Beck
Ward: Hart Party: Labour
Contact details
217 Macaulay Road Hartlepool TS25 4NJ
Telephone: 01429 283014
Email: paul.beck@hartlepool.gov.uk

Inspector Knacker

Well one good thing, he's handy for the Rifty.

jawsbbc

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 24, 2018, 09: PM
Well one good thing, he's handy for the Rifty. yes just around the corner  from him, but as you said why  was the 10 grand not spent in his ward HART