Church Street glimpse.

Started by Inspector Knacker, April 28, 2018, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

All this money bring splashed on widening the pavement and laying the new special road surface got me thinking how this will change anything. It's not the grand road surface, it's the businesses in the street that make it. That special block road surface will be no more of an attraction than much cheaper Tarmac. It's what's in the street not what's on the street. Those lovely pavements don't last long when the kebabs get trod in by the way.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Wonder how traffic-proof the block road surface will prove - or are vehicles to be discouraged?

Inspector Knacker

It has to be to a highway standard. Wha difference that will make to anyone is beyond me. Looks like a revival of Councillors once again creating a cafe culture in Church Street. Tell me they had an input in choosing the road surface as they're a lot harder than carpets to take up and replace.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mala

When they widened the footpaths they forgot to move the lamp posts which are now in the middle of the path areas and are surely a hinderence to the partially sighted or in the event of the area becoming popular with the slightly inebriated

fred c

When the roadworks an pavings are complete, will the refurbishment of the buildings commence, the dilapidated state of the Shades and how that building will be refurbished is a pointer to the rest of the street, what time span have the council set for the street to be complete.?

isolde

who owns the empty buildings that look derelict? what are they doing with those?  Someone did up the building that B&M was in and all of those are still emty, how much money did they spend on that lot?   a promise of a yrs free rent is rumored to have been offered to Ikea there and turned down. Who is going to fill all the ones down Church street?