Fire on Owton Manor Lane.....

Started by mk1, April 27, 2018, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

The hunt is on for the arsonists.  The Mail has a photo of what appears to be 2 homeless men lurking in the area prior to the fire.  Described as 'a scruffy fat bloke and a red-nosed tramp  smelling strongly of drink' the public should not approach them as the big one is known to react with a torrent of abuse against anyone who challenges him. Usually accompanied by a carrot-topped  'bag-lady'

Inspector Knacker

I'm glad you've cleared that one up, I was half expecting it to be a pre election mug shot of rambling councillors to remind the voters who they are. Silly me.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

Someone just spray painted the fence and those two are stood with their hands behind their backs, mmmm, the mind boggles.... :o

Johnny Bongo

mk1

The rotund one was also at the scene of another local conflagration. I think this is more than coincidence.

fred c

I wish I had that Napper full of 50pence pieces.....

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: fred c on April 28, 2018, 12: AM
I wish I had that Napper full of 50pence pieces.....

........but as we all know, there's nothing in there!

Inspector Knacker

Some say the 'Magic Roundabout' was limed on location in that echoing cavern.

Disgruntled voter

Reminds me of frankie sidebottom

Inspector Knacker

More like a sideboard. Wooden and just stands there.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Standard practise in this town.

Acquire a building of historic interest or listed status.
Decide that you want to build some modern day slums on the site.
Let the building become derelict.
Send in the local arson squad to set it alight (repeat this part as many times as required).
Get permission off the council to knock building(s) down.
Build slums.
Move on.

I intended putting an extra stage in there - " Do a deal with some bent councillor(s)" - but I'm not sure exactly where there happens so I left it out.

One thing is for sure, if the current owner is planning on putting 2 bungalows and 16 2 and 3 bedroom houses on that site, then they ain't gonna be very big and parking facilities will be minimal.

isolde

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 27, 2018, 04: PM
I'm glad you've cleared that one up, I was half expecting it to be a pre election mug shot of rambling councillors to remind the voters who they are. Silly me.

briliant   :D
was it the same ones yesterday at the old ambulance station making a little fire to keep warm?

fred c

2 Bungalows and 16 houses, how many cars are likely between the properties ?..... possibly 12 to 15 on a plot that is accessed via Owton Manor Lane, there are 2 schools next door to the plot, Grange Primary and Manor Academy...... I wonder how much consideration the proximity of those schools will be will figure in the deliberations of the planning committee.

Are either of SAB or Barclay on the planning committee, if they are will they leave the room when this development comes before the committee, SAB has publicly stated he want's to see the site redeveloped.......So if he is on planning a Yes from him is a formality given his public statement.

Inspector Knacker

Little boxes on the hillside and they're all made out of ticky  tack, comes to mind

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on April 30, 2018, 04: PM
Little boxes on the hillside and they're all made out of ticky  tack, comes to mind

And that brings to mind......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1WMn-AZ0cE