Barking mad?

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, March 22, 2018, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Heknocks68

zero cost?  So are we to believe that the business that advetise will send an employee round in order to check and replenish stocks? Another use em and fling em concept, election looming .

pieface

Is the thought that the filled bags discarded and tied up to trees or railings will enhance the surrounding dog dirt experience of a local walk through hartlepool. The recent heavy snowfall just showed up how much dog dirt you experience using public footpaths and parks in hartlepool. Every few metres or beside bushes, lamppost or walls became yellow snow and dog dirt hidden my snow until you stepped in it!

Heknocks68

As if there were not enogh hazards for pedestrians, uneven paths, pot holes in footpaths, vehicles on FOOTpaths, keep death of the roads! Foece people to walk on them, yeh yeh I get it, I'm a pedestrian second,no, third, no fourth, no, much further down the list pedestrian, viewed as dog poop, because I'm reularly infirm, not lazy and like a stroll, to work or otherwise. Crack on son.

DRiddle

Just a few things (1) the councils get them for free (2)if they get significantly damaged the company replace them for free (3) the bags are biodegradable (4) this concept originates from Sweden 🇸🇪 one of the planets most forward thinking nations. Find out more here https://www.tikspac.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/TiksPac_CSR_Engelsk_low.pdf you'll struggle to find a bigger critic of certain aspects of HBC than me, but this shouldn't be criticised. The only significant money changing hands here is in the advertising revenue. The company (TiksPac) do it all for free but they make money from the localised advertising on the boards.

If you think about it, it's actually quite clever for both parties. Our councils gets a free mechanism to ensure dog owners have plenty of dog waste bags, and the company get a free platform for advertising revenue.

As I say, I'm a big critic of aspects of HBC, especially some of our more 'unique' councillors. But I personally won't criticise this. I'll actually applaud its logic.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Maybe we're so cynical that we expect the worst?

station cat

One of these on every street  corner will make no difference. SOME people will simply not clean up after their dogs. How many times do you see a pile of dog poo right next to a bin....lots!! 

Inspector Knacker

Let's see how long they last.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

isolde

not sure there is any point, yesterday driving away from my house l saw 2 separate filled poo bags on the pavement within one minute of driving  >:(

Gustaf I of England + BWH

New dispenser being installed at Southern end of Catcote Road ( near the South Fens bus terminus) at lunchtime today. 2 man, 1 van job. Not quite sure how that ties in with "at no cost to the council".

station cat

Passed one in Seaton Park today.....empty!!

isolde

too many dont use them  :-\   i took a photo about two years ago on the path through the golf course to Blue Lagoon on a poo bin that was empty but had loads of full bags thrown at its base by dog walkers  :-\

station cat

Saw a lady helping herself to bags at the bin near Surf Side in Seaton. Reckon she probably took the lot!!