Council Tax Bills

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, March 14, 2018, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Apparently they've started landing on the doorsteps; once again, they carry the printed anti-government whining. Click to enlarge the attached photos.

fred c

Who authorised the Propaganda comment, It isn't up the officers of the council to explain the political situation the council faces......

They could have included an explanation of the £600k wasted on the Cafe in the Crem and Inspirations Garden centre...... but haven't.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on March 14, 2018, 02: PM
Who authorised the Propaganda comment, It isn't up the officers of the council to explain the political situation the council faces......

They could have included an explanation of the £600k wasted on the Cafe in the Crem and Inspirations Garden centre...... but haven't.

No one reads it so its all a waste of time.
Given the kicking the Council are getting on all local media sites you can understand why the  Facebook fake ID trolls/Elected Labour Party Officials are trying to reverse the trend. They have no chance.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on March 14, 2018, 03: PM
Quote from: fred c on March 14, 2018, 02: PM

No one reads it so its all a waste of time.
Given the kicking the Council are getting on all local media sites you can understand why the  Facebook fake ID trolls/Elected Labour Party Officials are trying to reverse the trend. They have no chance.

Have noticed that the rent-a-troll brigade have been in evidence once more, with the usual takeover attempt on social media.

The Great Dictator

stumped

Ridiculous. Looks like my rise will be paying for more carpet waste.  >:(

fred c

Quote from: stumped on March 15, 2018, 12: PM

stumped....... If your rise could pay for more "Carpets"......you must be a Premiership Footballer....  :D

stokoe

As g.d asks and now myself which site?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Which site? One they're no longer able to access ... ;)

Heknocks68

Quote from: stumped on March 15, 2018, 12: PM
[/quote
Its a craft is covering floors with carpets, you must cosider the need to dispose of stuff with a bristle or two. If you leave them (square tile things) long enough, there will be no need to lift in order to brush under, hmm

jawsbbc

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on March 15, 2018, 09: PM
which one is that ? i have seen them on a lot of  pages recently

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: jawsbbc on March 20, 2018, 01: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on March 15, 2018, 09: PM
which one is that ? i have seen them on a lot of  pages recently

Have sent PM.

Heknocks68

Rise in mugging tax! Got to thinking , just a tad,
Former bus depot lynn st.  GONE
Inspirations: GONE
Inspirations shop: GONE
Reed Street Depot: Next on the list???? Only half a dozen jobs or so, no big deal ey.
No gold medal
No crampons for easter
No £77,000 bail out, love HUFC, but its still wrong in the current climate, but a superb piece of electoneering, 1,000 votes or so at a guess.
Significant amounts of council tax wrote off.
But what does an insignificant, struggling, individual like me matter, always someone worse off than yourself, just keep on going son, judgement day is not to far away now.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Sorry if I am hijacking LL-T's thread, but I'm not sure if this warrants a separate one.

I like playing with figures, especially percentages. I find that so many people (even "intelligent" ones) don't really understand how percentages work and so it is quite easy to confuse them, perhaps make things look good when they are actually bad or vice versa.
Having said that, I would expect the people at HBC to be able to work out my council tax bill correctly.
When they say that the HBC charge (before the precepts are added) is going up by 2.9% I expect the charge to go up by 2.9% not 3.04%. It's not a huge difference I know, only a couple of quid over the year. But it's my couple of quid not theirs, and if they cannot get this right what else are they messing up ? I'm on Band B so I assume that all Band B bills are wrong, but what about the others - have you checked yours ??

For those who like facts and figures this is how the Band B works out :-

HBC charge 2018/19 - £1181.05
HBC charge 2017/18 - £1146.19
2018/19 increase      - £34.86
% increase               - 3.04%
you work out the percentage by dividing the increase (£34.86)by last year's figure (£1146.19) and multiply that result by 100 in case anyone's not sure. It comes out at 3.04138 something or other on my calculator but I've rounded it down for simplicity.

Oh, and just to show how easy it is to confuse people with percentages, consider this -
H.B.C Adult Social Care (ASC) is stated to have increased this year by 2%.
That's not strictly true..
ASC has increased by 2% of sum of last year's HBC charge plus the ASC (not sure if that is how it should be calculated, but that is how it has been done).
ASC itself has risen to £80.52 from £56.46, an increase of £24.06 or 42.61%.
It makes you think.

Lucy Lass-Tick

On reading this, the phrase 'lies, damned lies & statistics' comes to mind. Maths. was never my strongest subject, but Gustaf's calculations are an eye-opener!