The bike.

Started by Inspector Knacker, March 02, 2018, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

I understand that a statue celebrating Ridey Scott's film is to be commissioned and placed in the 'Interchange'. If that's the case, it would be seen by more residents of the town if it went on display in the mountains of Nepal as Tumbleweed Junction is on a list of the most deserted places in the world, just in front of the Antarctic and just behind the planet Pluto.
Other things resident in Tumbleweed junction include Glenn Millers aircraft, The Holy Grail and a family Wooly Mammoths all safe in the bleak obscurity of the planets most deserted place.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I understand it is a silhouette in a piece of Corian.
A material usually associated with kitchen worktops.
Somebody must be looking for an off cut.

It will be 5 minutes before it is dirty and 10 minutes before it is chipped or worse.

We all know how good HBC are with maintenance.
I don't believe it.

mk1

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on March 03, 2018, 08: AM
I understand it is a silhouette in a piece of Corian.

The 'bushes' in there (not to be confused with busses which are very rarely in there) were trimmed into the shapes of sitting people. I remember when they were first trimmed as within a short time someone had kicked a few of the heads off.

fred c

I suppose Hartlepool should be grateful that it wasn't visited during its history by the likes of Vlad the Impaler, Ghengis Khan, Lucrezia Borgia, Pol Pot, Uncle Joe Stalin, and other 'Famous People'.........otherwise this shower would have to put another 2% on the rates to pay for even more statues.

Seriously though, it seems Cranney's involvement as Culture Czar has led to a real interest in Art, it seems Sculpture is the Buzz Word......

But the Transport Interchange......... it will only be viewed by an off course NSA Spy satellite.

Lord Elpus

Stop it!  every time I see the words Cllr. Cranney (I'll sort out the invoices) and Culture Czar I just about fall off the chair, you really could not make it up, right out of Royston Vasey.  Only their Mayor could speak English

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=royston+vasey+roy+chubby+brown&&view=detail&mid=061312F911751FCB3419061312F911751FCB3419&&FORM=VRDGAR

kevplumb

just a thought but wouldn't it make more sense to put out the front of the college  :o
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Near Newburn bridge, half way between the skeleton pier and Seaton? Which Noth featured Lynn Street and Cgurch Street were killed fIf by previous administrations in the name of 'progress'.

kevplumb

so after all the hoo-ha and pr from the Kremlin, the upshot is is

it is going to be a silhouette cut out of worktop

should take about 2 hours at most

no doubt at an exorbitant price

somebody is making money out of this and we all know who  >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

Inspector Knacker

Will the visitor to the new 'skullpcha' be counted as a user of the interchange

kevplumb

ahh the term nail and head comes to mind on that one IK

Inspector Knacker

Mind you, when the Load of Balls roundabout was revealed  we were supposedly going to be inundated with visitors to marvel at the work. Sadly it looks like a derelict ball bearing factory's unsold stock. And the visitors, to the best of my knowledge came to marvel. It just looked like the dropping from the Angel of the North's pet rabbit .

Lucy Lass-Tick

Reminds me of Maltesers ...

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on March 04, 2018, 07: PM
Reminds me of Maltesers ...

.....in a roundabout way.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Reminds me of whats missing in HCLP. 
I don't believe it.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on March 04, 2018, 08: PM
Reminds me of whats missing in HCLP.

Oh, they're not missing....just not with their original owners anymore!  CAB keeps them in a 'trophy' box under the bed, along with some special pliers and small rubber bands!!  Apparently, it's a compulsory initiation ceremony that any new male HCLP councillor has to go through, in order to stop anyone questioning CAB's 'authority!