Red Dreams Closing down

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, January 29, 2018, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

The trustees are closing the organisation down.

Not a surprise considering what a poor job they have done for the last year.
Their public presence has been pathetic.

I wonder if it was deliberate ?
I don't believe it.

mk1

Turning into quite a catfight on Facebook. I suspect mass deletions in the offing.

https://www.facebook.com/reddreams/

Makes the current (and escalating) HUFC fratricide seem quite mild!

Lucy Lass-Tick

Hard to know what to make of the whole affair.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

One thing for sure, the kids that attended Red Dreams are going to lose out the most.

I hope The Studio or some other organisation offers their services as an alternative.
I don't believe it.

dowager

I still haven't figured out who the 'bad people' are in this entire mess. I suspect most people don't either.

kevplumb

Quote from: dowager on January 30, 2018, 08: AM
I still haven't figured out who the 'bad people' are in this entire mess. I suspect most people don't either.
have to agree tis all a bit smelly
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

fliffster

I suspect most people do know who the real culprits are in this. Lets see what the CPS make of it which could be any day now. Police obviously think there is enough evidence. It's very interesting to see who is making the most fuss and noise in this matter, really vicious and potentially very libellous too.

ReturntoZenda

Quote from: fliffster on January 30, 2018, 09: PM
I suspect most people do know who the real culprits are in this. Lets see what the CPS make of it which could be any day now. Police obviously think there is enough evidence. It's very interesting to see who is making the most fuss and noise in this matter, really vicious and potentially very libellous too.

I do seem to remember one of the founders making a real fuss about something or other on here a while ago. Wasn't he being so cryptic that NO bugger actually knew what he was on about ?

mk1

Quote from: ReturntoZenda on January 31, 2018, 07: AM

I do seem to remember one of the founders making a real fuss about something or other on here a while ago. Wasn't he being so cryptic that NO bugger actually knew what he was on about ?

One of the 'founders' posted under an alias and then spoke about themselves in glowing terms.
When this was exposed the forum suffered a mysterious crash/loss of data that appeared to be someone trying to remove all record of this deception.

jawsbbc

Quote from: mk1 on January 31, 2018, 10: AM
Quote from: ReturntoZenda on January 31, 2018, 07: AM

One of the 'founders' posted under an alias and then spoke about themselves in glowing terms.
When this was exposed the forum suffered a mysterious crash/loss of data that appeared to be someone trying to remove all record of this deception. i remember there was a long drawn out explanation on here last year proving there was actual  wrongdoing but  i cannot find it anywere posted by factualandroid

mk1

Quote from: jawsbbc on February 01, 2018, 08: PM
i remember there was a long drawn out explanation on here last year proving there was actual  wrongdoing but  i cannot find it anywere

Because nearly everything was wiped by someone who wanted to erase all the evidence that they were as dubious and underhand as the critics were claiming.  It did not fit with the followers claims they were 'the victims' in all this.
I have to say that the whistleblower who posted the info about the misuse of funds was treated very badly here and in the end just stopped posting.
Being anally retentive I screen grabbed a lot of it. I have it safely tucked away for when the proverbial merde eventually hits the  furiously rotating air circulating electrical appliance.

jawsbbc

Quote from: mk1 on February 02, 2018, 11: AM
Quote from: jawsbbc on February 01, 2018, 08: PM
i remember there was a long drawn out explanation on here last year proving there was actual  wrongdoing but  i cannot find it anywere

Because nearly everything was wiped by someone who wanted to erase all the evidence that they were as dubious and underhand as the critics were claiming.  It did not fit with the followers claims they were 'the victims' in all this.
I have to say that the whistleblower who posted the info about the misuse of funds was treated very badly here and in the end just stopped posting.
Being anally retentive I screen grabbed a lot of it. I have it safely tucked away for when the proverbial merde eventually hits the  furiously rotating air circulating electrical appliance.

yes  M1  factualandroid  posted a lot of info with  proof along with it i remember it well and yes he stated he came to do what he needed to do  which was to prove there was wrongdoing  and would   not post again very informative

fliffster

Just to keep you informed, Red Dreams may have closed but lessons, classes etc are still going ahead in other venues so kids are not missing out. They are now Creative Minds

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: fliffster on March 27, 2018, 01: AM
Just to keep you informed, Red Dreams may have closed but lessons, classes etc are still going ahead in other venues so kids are not missing out. They are now Creative Minds

Creative minds is not a charity is it ?

Where has all the Red Dreams equipment gone ?   

Nobody kept in touch with my child, so no idea what is going on.
I don't believe it.

seaton

Where has all the Red Dreams equipment gone ?   

Put in 'storage'along with the carpets and the equipment from the Cafe in the Crem ?