The drainage work in West View Road.

Started by Inspector Knacker, December 10, 2017, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Some heavy plant there and the work appears to be working towards the Warren Road Trading Estate. Is something coming off there? I wonder.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on December 10, 2017, 02: PM
Some heavy plant there and the work appears to be working towards the Warren Road Trading Estate. Is something coming off there? I wonder.

It's been going on for sometime, i noticed that the King George V playing field had been subject to heavy plan working there weeks and weeks ago..... not sure what it is though.

Hartlepudlion

Hasn't the tradin estate recently been re-designated residential from industrial?

fred c

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on December 10, 2017, 05: PM
Hasn't the tradin estate recently been re-designated residential from industrial?

Not sure it has been accepted as such, but there was an article in the Mail a couple of months ago that mentioned a change of use from Industrial to Housing  :)

SRMoore

Drainage improvement works. It's been going on since August and will likely continue until around February.

Arkley Crescent is renown for flooding if heavy rain comes down. It's quite a big project that includes adding a rainwater overflow tank the size of a swimming pool underneath King George V's playing field (where you currently see the plant equipment).

Inspector Knacker

That's an awful lot of plant just for Arkley Crescent's flooding problem.

SRMoore

Aye, it's not just Arkley Crescent. It's an improvement program for the whole neighbouring area.

Inspector Knacker

Now I wonder if there's going to be an increase in housing in the area?