End of the Rainbow

Started by steveL, December 03, 2017, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Apparently, the Inspirations Cafe, all £357,000 of it, has now been handed over to the gravediggers as a place where they can take their breaks and eat their bait in comfort. The new garden centre is to be flattened to make way for new bungalows.

I blame ...  Government cuts/ Stuart Drummond/movement in the Tectonic Plates (delete as appropriate)   ::)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

I hate say, We told you so,....... But we all told you so.......thick of £600k down the Suwannee...

Inspector Knacker

I know it's been asked hundreds of times, butI'd love to know how public money can be spent on a cafe?
Whose idea was it and what experience have they of running such a business?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

none whatsoever as was pointed out by mr corbett at a finance meeting
AND    CAB nodded his head in agreement
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Topcat

I wonder what has happened to all of the expensive kitchen equipment that we bought, is it still in the building or has it migrated to My Cafe in the Rifty.

fred c

I asked the question about the kitchen equipment, ovens, fridges, toasters, grill, utensils etc etc..... the answer I received is below, various stuff that wasn't required was placed in storage

The items mentioned are part of the wider facilities management service and not solely the Inspirations Cafe.  Where possible, many items have been reused in different parts of the service, ie school or function catering or garden centre.  As a result some costs have been saved as opposed to buying new.  None of the items have been transferred to any other catering facility outside of schools etc., and there has been no requests to purchase or otherwise acquire any of this equipment.

Topcat

Thanks for the information Fred,you can't help being suspicious considering the circumstances though can you.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

So we have a kitchen, the contents of an art gallery  and carpets in storage.
What next ?
I don't believe it.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on December 04, 2017, 10: AM
What next ?

A few councillors, perhaps?

jeffh

What next ?

An audit possibly?

kevplumb

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on December 04, 2017, 10: AM
What next ?

A few councillors, perhaps?
half of the deadheads are in storage anyway  ::)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

kevplumb

What next ?
enough gear there to open an art cafe in the shortly to be refurbished church street
as long as you ain't paying rent and utilities

that was meant as a joke but as Robert plant once sang" it makes me wonder" !!

kevplumb

Quote from: fred c on December 03, 2017, 02: PM
I hate say, We told you so,....... But we all told you so.......thick of £600k down the Suwannee...
might pay the costs of processing the FOI requests for the same  ;)

DRiddle

This little 'echo chamber' correctly predicted the turn of events regarding the cafe in the crem from day one. All that's left for the whole thing to pan out EXACTLY how it was predicted on here is to see which organisations are involved in any future housing developments.

Certain Labour councillors often shout about opposition councillors not 'earning their money' (which in its own right is laughable when you consider what Jean Robinson does). But it's perhaps worth knowing a run of the mill councillor would have  to sit on their backside, pick up their allowance and do nothing for about 70 years to even come close to wasting the kind of money this has cost the taxpayer.

Still, Jeans on the way to such an accomplishment.

kevplumb

Quote from: DRiddleStill, Jeans on the way to such an accomplishment.

richardson must be running close second he has been milking this town for years  :o