Seaton Wind Turbines.

Started by steveL, October 11, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Went along this yesterday. Not a Labour or Tory Councillor in sight.

. . . but then both Labour and Tories voted in favour of the turbines before Whitehall threw the application out because of the lack of consultation. Now they've put the turbines into the local plant to try and get the application through

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/giant-wind-turbines-are-not-wanted-in-hartlepool-opponents-tell-government-inspector-1-8797754
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Objectors named in full, supporters names hidden. Wimps.
I don't believe it.

Devils advocate

A cynical person might think that maybe the brown envelopes have already been emptied and certain people may be getting threatened with a certain alleged photgraph making it's way out into the public domain.
Hence the inclusion in the local plan.

kevplumb

Quote from: Devils advocate on October 11, 2017, 11: AM
A cynical person might think that maybe the brown envelopes have already been emptied and certain people may be getting threatened with a certain alleged photgraph making it's way out into the public domain.
Hence the inclusion in the local plan.
Exactly what I was thinking  ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

steveL

we like publishing photographs
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

does anyone have the planning reference number for this?

Inspector Knacker

I'm worried in case someone puts in a plan for a nuclear waste storrage facility, Jacksons Landing site sorted in one go. I can see it now, welcome to Plutonium World, with state of the art interactive features, a fun day out for all the family.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Riddler5 on October 11, 2017, 05: PM
I'm worried in case someone puts in a plan for a nuclear waste storrage facility, Jacksons Landing site sorted in one go. I can see it now, welcome to Plutonium World, with state of the art interactive features, a fun day out for all the family.

... and don't worry if you glow in the dark ... it saves on street lighting ...  ???

fred c

It's a done deal, and was from the kick/off. ::)

seaton

I cannot get my head round the fact the Council goes against certain projects which the officers approve, it goes to an appeal costing the taxpayer thousands, then on the other projects which are not supported by the officers they approve, there must be some thing underhand going on

mk1

Quote from: seaton on October 11, 2017, 06: PM
I cannot get my head round the fact the Council goes against certain projects which the officers approve, it goes to an appeal costing the taxpayer thousands, then on the other projects which are not supported by the officers they approve, there must be some thing underhand going on

What does Ann (they are nowt to do with me) Marshall think about the scheme?

Inspector Knacker

She could be the Manuel of local politics, 'I know notheeeng'.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: Riddler5 on October 12, 2017, 07: AM
She could be the Manuel of local politics, 'I know notheeeng'.

Picks and chooses between saying I am not a councillor at the moment so can't do anything and blaming the Tory cuts.
I don't believe it.

Inspector Knacker

Like dim parrots,the wannabe droids are taught a limited number of key phrases to survive in the hustings.

1. It's the Tories savage cuts slashing services.

2. I have your interests at heart.

3. That's an ecumenical matter.

4. I have the ear of the leadership.

5. I put you before my party.

6. I have not had a lobotomy.

7. That M.P. fella supports me.

8. We know where you live.

fred c

Quote from: Riddler5 on October 12, 2017, 04: PM

8. We know where you live.

I have noticed that question and...... 9) Where does he live........ on several social media sites, why would a political activist want to know where someone with opposing views lives, is it an attempt at intimidation or what.......