Council Meeting Video 24th November 2016

Started by admin, November 28, 2016, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: pensionater on November 29, 2016, 03: PM
How the hell can you ban someone for having a different view than your's ?,Bresslaw has not been abusive as far as i am aware,but has had plenty going the other way.Some people need to grow a pair.

He hasn't been banned - he's on pre-mod..  Let's be honest, though - the 'banter' was getting distinctly tedious.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: pensionater on November 29, 2016, 03: PM
How the hell can you ban someone for having a different view than your's ?,Bresslaw has not been abusive as far as i am aware,but has had plenty going the other way.Some people need to grow a pair.
I never noticed he had a 'view', just a series of tedious one liners.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl

Quote from: steveL on November 29, 2016, 03: PM
Rob Cook is just a bad tempered old git with a chip on his shoulder the size of the Great Orme.

He's also married to Ex Mayor wallers daughter ...the dynasty continues......

DRiddle

Rob Cook is already starting to show himself to be no better than his predecessors. I don't like to do EVERYTHING publicly on here, so a couple of meetings back I e-mailed Rob privately offering him some friendly advice regarding his chairmanship of meetings. I was (I believe) polite, articulate and complimented him on the early 'green shoots' of his chairmanship. All I asked for was impartial chairmanship and to NOT be influenced by the comments and direction from his front bench (I say that in the loosest possible sense of the term 'front bench').

I received a very short, very curt reply from him.

Then came last week's meeting. As you may have seen from the video, I raised my hand and had to battle to even be allowed to speak. At the point of raising my hand he had no idea what I wanted to say nor did he know anything about the reason for why my arm was raised.

He had already decided he was not going to allow me to speak.

In summary, he's slightly more competent at chairing meetings than Mary Fleet was. But let's be honest, you could stick a bunny rabbit in that chair and shine a small, very low voltage torch in its eyes, and it'd be marginally more competent than Mary Fleet was.

In terms of being impartial as a chair, he's well on the way towards making Stephen Akers-Belcher look 'neutral and politically balanced'.

Mark my words, in the fullness of time, the 5 year tenure of Akers-Belcher, Fleet and Cook will be a very forgettable and embarrassing era in terms of the Mayors of Hartlepool.

Stephen was so bad, to actually do a worse job than him, a person would pretty much need to defecate on the floor of the council chamber and wipe their backside with a scrunched up picture of Ralf Ward-Jackson.

Cook hasn't done that yet, but he's well on the way.   

fred c

P Beck to come, what happened to the traditional 'Ceremonial Mayor' were long serving concillors were rewarded for their services to their community by being made The Mayor, it wasn't a political appointment as it is now, under that system, the Mayor was well respected by all....... it would be difficult to claim that now, 3 years of Lying Ste, followed by the put upon Mary Fleet & now Cook.

John Lauderdale is, I believe the longest serving councillor, if this shower had any respect for the position of councillor, he should follow Cook.

Steely Dan

Fred, you highlight the real problem. The gene pool within the Hartlepool Labour Party is very shallow. It seems the Corbyn effect hasn't got through to Hartlepool. Few new members and any who've had the audacity to get involved have been given short shrift. The town is stuck with the ne'er do wells and dysfunctional professional unemployed who have made a career out of local politics.

Inspector Knacker

Trouble is, if they're the pick of the bunch, the 'brains' of the 'organisation' so to speak, what does it say about the rest of them ?

Steely Dan

Quote from: Riddler5 on November 30, 2016, 04: PM
Trouble is, if they're the pick of the bunch, the 'brains' of the 'organisation' so to speak, what does it say about the rest of them ?

Oh, they're not the pick of the bunch. Not by a long chalk. Like I said, professional scroungers who are unemployable. That's why they stick together and don't allow anyone else to get a look in.

Look at the likes of James, Richardson, Cranney, Fleet etc etc. Can you imagine them actually working. Or having to go through an interview process?

I know comrade Carl from many, many years back. He didn't work then. It's got to be at least 30 years since he had a job.

jawsbbc

have ANY  of them had/have a job if so what did or what do they do just curious

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Steely Dan on November 30, 2016, 05: PM
Quote from: Riddler5 on November 30, 2016, 04: PM

Oh, they're not the pick of the bunch. Not by a long chalk. Like I said, professional scroungers who are unemployable. That's why they stick together and don't allow anyone else to get a look in.

Look at the likes of James, Richardson, Cranney, Fleet etc etc. Can you imagine them actually working. Or having to go through an interview process?

I know comrade Carl from many, many years back. He didn't work then. It's got to be at least 30 years since he had a job.
Not the pick of the bunch ? They're running the show and calling the shots, so that sounds like they're in charge.
Whatever your opinion or mine is of them is irrelevant, they've managed o climb to the top of their greasy pole.
My point was they managed to take control of their group, which makes me wonder about the calibre of the foot soldiers they command.

Steely Dan

Quote from: jawsbbc on November 30, 2016, 08: PM
have ANY  of them had/have a job if so what did or what do they do just curious

Good question. I'd be interested. We should start a list.