Council Meeting Video 24th November 2016

Started by admin, November 28, 2016, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

sorry I forgot to click the 'publish' button

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Is that our Fred shouting in the Public Gallery ?

steveL

I wasn't at the meeting but a few points on viewing the video:

Firstly, I have always known that Rob Cook was a nasty piece of work but the curt way that he dealt with Ged Hall, who's speech has not yet fully returned, was contemptible. I'll content myself with the certainty that what goes around, comes around and God is no doubt watching Rob Cook with interest.

There was only 1 item on the agenda which happened to be one of the biggest decisions the town will ever make. So there was no need to limit anyone with something to say to the now derisory 3 minutes. Cook seems to see his role as keeping council meetings as short as possible confirming the comment made by RMW that the council chamber is now not a debating chamber but a voting chamber - 55 minutes this time; Cook always makes a point of proclaiming the length at the end of each meeting.

Wells pulled his usual trick of claiming one position before voting otherwise with Labour while UKIP again malfunctioned when faced with an actual decision and simply abstained - I know which way their supporters would have voted so I'm mystified why the six wall flowers did not.

I don't know if anyone has actually studied the Combined Authority structure but essentially we will be represented by one person which should be CAB - if he ever bothers himself to turn up. There are a small number of other committees on which we also have one representative. Out full representation consists of CAB, SAB, Richardson and Cranney and it won't be long before council meetings consist mostly of reports on what the 'A' Team have decided.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

admin

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on November 28, 2016, 10: PM
Is that our Fred shouting in the Public Gallery ?

We're debating whether you should become only the 4th visitor to be banned from this forum as you don't seem to have anything useful to contribute. This is a place where people are able to express their opinions on subjects usually related to the activities of HBC. You don't seem to do that, choosing instead only to rubbish the opinions of others.

We've let things go, as we usually do, hoping that you'll eventually develop some opinions of your own but we've also noticed that you seem to have made a hobby of trawling other sites simply to rubbish their contributors too. We're told that this is probably related to your only other hobby of drinking yourself into a state of oblivion.

Rather than ban you outright, which we're always reluctant to do, we've decided to invite you to try and make a more constructive contribution to the forum and to put you on pre-mod while you practise. You'll soon get the hang of it; interesting posts will make it onto the forum while troll-like posts will not.

steveL

oh yea and just as an after-thought.

SAB is our representative on the Combined Authority Scrutiny Committee, that's the one that is supposed to make sure than everything is done properly and above board - a bit like the Trustee of a registered charity when you think of it!

I wonder how that one works out  ;D
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

In reference to the admin post, I think these places are all about debate. I have no trouble with someone having an opposing view to mine, that's healthy. But doing the message board practice of standing on the sidelines being the random one line sniper detracts from that purpose.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

To be fair i don't find his ramblings as offensive as some of the other contributors on this site.

Steely Dan

Quote from: The Great Dictator on November 29, 2016, 10: AM
To be fair i don't find his ramblings as offensive as some of the other contributors on this site.

You're right. Your bigoted and racist comments make me worry for the future of mankind. Some have been beyond offensive. You appear to have no self awareness.

The Great Dictator

Coming from the bigot that suggested to a contributor that the best of his dads semen dripped down his leg, you seem to have no self control and should be a regular at Sandwell Park.

Steely Dan

Quote from: The Great Dictator on November 29, 2016, 02: PM
Coming from the bigot that suggested to a contributor that the best of his dads semen dripped down his leg, you seem to have no self control and should be a regular at Sandwell Park.

I think you'll find mental health slurs are as unacceptable these days as your racist stuff. Complete bigot

Land Phil

The original comment was filth and troll bait so Dan Fan could reel in the hooked fish. 

Seen it all before.

Steely Dan

I've hear the above mentioned Rob Cook is destined for much higher office.

steveL

Rob Cook is just a bad tempered old git with a chip on his shoulder the size of the Great Orme.

pensionater

How the hell can you ban someone for having a different view than your's ?,Bresslaw has not been abusive as far as i am aware,but has had plenty going the other way.Some people need to grow a pair.