Wright Faces Deselection

Started by steveL, August 03, 2016, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaton

Don't the National Party select a candidate, not the local party or am I behind the times ?

mk1

Jeremy wants to change the rules so local groups can pick the MP. If he wins then Wright is history.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-reselection-mps_uk_5790bdf4e4b0e3583c789582

Inspector Knacker

He also wants to change the rules so local councillors have to live in the ward hey represent. Now that would be fun.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

I don`t think any of the present LabMob councillors would make an even a half decent MP, whoever the HCLP select will be hamstrung by having to do what CAB wants, he would be MP by `proxy`.... the do as I say, not do as I do, attitude is ingrained in the present regime & nowt is going to change anytime soon...... unless one of them finds a hidden box full of Gonads.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: fred c on August 06, 2016, 07: AM
I don`t think any of the present LabMob councillors would make an even a half decent MP, whoever the HCLP select will be hamstrung by having to do what CAB wants, he would be MP by `proxy`.... the do as I say, not do as I do, attitude is ingrained in the present regime & nowt is going to change anytime soon...... unless one of them finds a hidden box full of Gonads.

Spot on Fred, I want an MP to be free of the control freaks in the Civic Centre.  The only person who's Labour who would get vote would be Jonathan Brash, not only would he get my vote I'd offer help.

fred c

JB is certainly the most accomplished politician with labour ideals, but there is more chance of  George Formby coming to my house for tea, than there is of Brash being the labour candidate.

However, if he could be persuaded to stand as an Independent candidate (doubtful) I would certainly vote & campaign for him, as would a lot of genuine labour supporters in town.

Thinking about it, if the Labour Party splits, as seems likely, he would be the ideal candidate for a New Independent Labour Party.