Wright Faces Deselection

Started by steveL, August 03, 2016, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

What a picture of fraternal bliss they paint . . . up the workers eh?

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

Alan Clarke being a mob yes man who lives in an age before he was born when there were tens of thousands of jobs in the iron and steel industry.

I can see Iain and Alan being the joint reason for Hartlepool not being a Labour ruled town any more.

Somebody in a monkey suit would have a good chance.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Land Phil on August 03, 2016, 11: PM

Somebody in a monkey suit would have a good chance.
Make a change from a monkey in a human suit.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

ashamedtobebritish

Ime afraid Iain Wright is stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea, either way he is screwed, If Jeremy Corbyn survives the next few months which it looks likely he will, I foresee Iain's life as an MP being made extremely difficult as he has gone against the grain of the party and surely to be considered to be a leper amongst the ranks to be eradicated and crushed like a bug.
The other option is if he had any sense of morals and decency would be just to accept that his days are numbered and resign and force a by election in the town, with the dissaray Labour is in at the moment, I cannot see any realistic chance of Labour maintaining their grip on Hartlepool any longer, handing a slam dunk victory to UKIP should they decide to pull their fingers out of where the sun dont shine and put in at least a half decent election campaign.

Either way I think Hartlepool is going to be in the news again shortly after Iain decides to call it a day and has enough, he cant hold on to his job much longer knowing Labour is turning into one of the most dysfunctional communist dictatorships parties ive ever seen, They are making the BNP almost look normal !

not4me

some people just want to be demonstrators holding their placards

https://youtu.be/YawagQ6lLrA

fred c

Will various Labour skeletons be unearthed after the de-thronement of the Member ?

Land Phil

He will be too busy counting his solid gold pension to worry.

Inspector Knacker

So the people who picked the people who 'lead' our council are now being let loose on selecting an MP . :o  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Comedy Gold.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

Very typical of CAB all this.

Whether it was when he worked at Easington, his job at HBC or when he was labour leader when Drummond was Mayor, CAB has also worked to undermine those above him. He has a real problem with authority and anyone with more status than himself. A man with a permanent chip on his shoulder.

He will fit in well with the Momentum Movement - chips with everything.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: steveL on August 05, 2016, 08: AM
Very typical of CAB all this.

Whether it was when he worked at Easington, his job at HBC or when he was labour leader when Drummond was Mayor, CAB has also worked to undermine those above him. He has a real problem with authority and anyone with more status than himself. A man with a permanent chip on his shoulder.

He will fit in well with the Momentum Movement - chips with everything.

Ironically I've always thought that CAB and a numbers of others within the Labour group (including Wells) have a massive inferiority complex.  All the signs are there, narcissism and being over confident all classic signs of those who really feel Inferior and need to over compensate.  Feelings of persecution also appear evident.

A good shrink could write volumes on each of them

TSteels

The thing the plotters against Wright need to remember is that if they deselect him then they will trigger a full selection process where any Labour Party member can throw their hat in the ring. There would be campaigns, hustings, media coverage etc... There are no forgone conclusions, plus if Iain decides to fight I think he could actually win!

DRiddle

I can think of one member of the Labour Party who could command a lot more votes from local members than any CURRENT HBC councillor.

In fact, I can think of one who politically could run rings round the combined acumen of all 21 of them.

As I'm sure you can too Mr Steels ;-)

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on August 05, 2016, 04: PM
I can think of one member of the Labour Party who could command a lot more votes from local members than any CURRENT HBC councillor.

In fact, I can think of one who politically could run rings round the combined acumen of all 21 of them.

Well he rigged the system to get Mandy an 'honour' so fixing the MP vote should be a doddle!

fred c

Quote from: DRiddle on August 05, 2016, 04: PM

Would that be Mrs Steels........ :) :) :)