Wright Backs Smith

Started by steveL, July 20, 2016, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

According to Wright's Twitter account he's opted for Owen Smith in the current leadership contest. That would suggest that he didn't back Corbyn in the no confidence motion and that he's now at odds with his own constituency labour party. I'll try and get a screen-grap of his Twitter post but unfortunately he's blocked The Post from his account.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

I don't think we expected anything else, did we ?... he might keep his pi**y a***d shadow minister job & the extra cash that goes with it now.

Inspector Knacker

Like a piece of polystyrene on the sea, he goes where the wind of opportunity blows him or the current of convenience draws him.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

Maybe he his hedging his bets on the kind nature of Corbyn, forgiving him if he has backed the wrong horse.

I hope he is wrong for the sake of Hartlepool.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear he has blue, purple, green and yellow paint out the back of his constituency office to paint it what ever colour has the best chance of keeping the gravy train running.

steveL

Just as an aside, here's a quote from today's Gazette:

"Three of Teesside's four Labour MPs have told The Gazette they will be voting to oust current party leader Jeremy Corbyn.
MPs Tom Blenkinsop, Anna Turley and Alex Cunningham have all said they are backing Owen Smith in his challenge for the leadership of the Labour Party .Only Middlesbrough MP Andy McDonald has said he will be voting for current leader Jeremy Corbyn to stay in the party's top job."

The point being that, once again, Hartlepool is not being viewed as part of Teesside...... even though Wrighty is also supporting Owen Smith. I've no doubt the same attitude towards Hartlepool will also prevail when it comes to allocating money under the Combined Authority.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/jeremy-corbyn-three-teessides-four-11647044
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

After working through most areas of Teesside over the years, I can assure you Hartlepool is NOT considered part of Teesside.
Helped no doubt by the fact though physically close, the Tees is a barrier and the failure to provide a practical river crossing down river has ensured everything goes through Middlesbrough making it the centre of Teesside, thank you very much. The transporter being a stunning example of pretending to be a practical river crossing.The politicians need us for the bodies we bring to boost the numbers, it's as simple as that.

gmeasor

I've just found this out
http://labourlist.org/2016/07/which-mps-and-meps-have-nominated-owen-smith/
I'm not at all pleased.  When Jeremy Corbyn wins an even bigger mandate from the electorate, how do we go about having a vote of no confidence in him?

Lord Elpus

Quote from: gmeasor on July 22, 2016, 09: PM
I've just found this out
http://labourlist.org/2016/07/which-mps-and-meps-have-nominated-owen-smith/
I'm not at all pleased.  When Jeremy Corbyn wins an even bigger mandate from the electorate, how do we go about having a vote of no confidence in him?

I think the Comrades in Hartlepool CLP are already planning to deselecting 'Wee Shighty'.

Inspector Knacker

If Corbyn wins, which is the blindingly obvious outcome, will it be a local candidate or a Dave Spart parachuted in ?

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on July 24, 2016, 09: PM
If Corbyn wins, which is the blindingly obvious outcome, will it be a local candidate or a Dave Spart parachuted in ?

Can you see our shower of merde not making a grab for it? CAB ticks all the 'diversity' boxes.

marky

I'm sure he would go for it if he got half a chance. From what I hear, they love the cosmopolitan life and have made good use of the council's Grand Central free 1st Class pass - and you know what some people are like for musicals.