Summerhill

Started by steveL, July 10, 2016, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

It's mid-Summer; it's the weekend and it's Sunday, the time people are most likely to spend with the family and kids. A visit to Summerhill might be in order, a healthy walk with nature or maybe just a relaxing cuppa while the kids make use of one of the several play areas provided. After all, that's one of the reasons, if not the main reason, Summerhill was built - a bit of nature and fresh air without having to travel miles to get it.

I go to Summerhill quite a lot with the dog and can confirm that today there were around 4 times the number of cars parked that you'll see during the week. The play areas and the BMX circuit were also busy when they are usually empty during the week.

But hang on ....this is a council run facility ........ which probably explains why Sunday is the day the building housing the exhibitions, toilets and Cafe is SHUT. Opening times Monday to Saturday only and Closed on it's busiest day.

Only in Hartlepool
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Did you see the Big New Sign on Catty Rd advertising the place...... I thought the idea was to run this cafe like the Cafe in the Crem..... it seems it's a case of double the number of businesses & double the losses.

They really couldn't run a free p**s up in a brewery.

Hartlepudlion

AND THEY WANT TO RUN A LETTING AGENCY!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!!!

Inspector Knacker

When I saw the heading title, I naturally assumed it had been sold for 'executive housing', as is the norm.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Land Phil

I feel the same about the Christ Church art gallery.

Would be a nice diversion for an hour on a Sunday, if it was open.