Drunk and Disorderly

Started by steveL, June 20, 2016, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Funny how amidst all the spin the full account of events takes a little longer to emerge but the Internet makes keeping a secret so much harder these days and diminishes the whole point of having a spin machine.

Saturday's Royal Navy Museum handover ceremony is a case in point. The Mail story is the official version and I'm sure we all hope the kids enjoyed seeing their Cbeebies heroes and the fireworks. Away from the fun though was the standard councillor and dignitary get-together complete with taxpayer funded free drinks which stretched to Champagne, expensive wines and beer for the also-rans.

Now we shouldn't be churlish and begrudge a glass at such a celebratory event - a drink is traditional after all. Unfortunately, the very chance of free drinks can be and is the main event for some; worse still, some just don't know when to stop.

Barclay, having become something of a mascot for the Labour Group, travelled his usual journey to incoherence but apparently he wasn't alone.

When the event was over, some of Labour's finest moved onto Church Street for the rest of the evening with one, having lost the use of decipherable speech altogether, eventually being ejected from one Church Street establishment for lewd behaviour having groped his way around several female rear ends.

Tall, balding and with glasses would seem to narrow it down with precision to a somewhat surprising result given the vertically challenged nature of the usual suspects whose own near alcoholism is usually confined to manifesting itself with luminant red faces.

Still, it makes us all await the council's next anti-binge drinking strategy announcement with sheer wonder.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Lord Elpus

The clear description suggests only one Councillor in my book.  He has already been fingered as the most likely candidate on Facebook.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on June 20, 2016, 07: PM
   already been fingered

Is that a description of his victims............

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on June 20, 2016, 07: PM
   already been fingered

Is that a description of his victims............

pmsl......

fred c

The clear description suggests only one Councillor in my book.  He has already been fingered as the most likely candidate on Facebook.

I worry about the FB company you are keeping G.... lol

Alnwickist