Costa and Ol' Blue Eyes

Started by steveL, June 02, 2016, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred c

Quote from: Stationario on June 03, 2016, 10: AM
Isn't it ironic that our noteworthy member is the Shadow Minister for Business, Innovation and Skills. Has he personally brought any of these three to the town? Coffee making skills maybe?

Neither he nor his 2 predecessors have brought much to the town, however on balance, the present flaccid Member is arguably the worst of the 3 by a country mile.

mk1

Quote from: Stationario on June 03, 2016, 10: AM
Coffee making skills maybe?

His coffee making skills are on par with the SCABs cafe making skills!

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Sweet baby Jesus. What a set of negative backward thinking 'trouser round your ankles' internet saddos you lot are. 

Try putting you obvious energy (!) into something positive for the town instead of suggesting we died as a town after WW1.   Really.   

I despair

BresslawoffoftheBunker

At least Riddle, whom I dislike as a man, has some positivity in his bitter bones !!

mk1

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on June 03, 2016, 10: PM
Sweet baby Jesus. What a set of negative backward thinking 'trouser round your ankles' internet saddos you lot are. 

Try putting you obvious energy (!) into something positive for the town instead of suggesting we died as a town after WW1.   Really.   

I despair

The you should read more. Try 'The Hartlepools  A Survey And Plan' by The Max Lock Group 1948

The prediction made above (1948) that shipbuilding would recover was incorrect.

High unemployment did not start in the 1960s. Note above that the LOWEST Hartlepool rate is roughly equal to the HIGHEST National rate. Our 'best' was their 'worst'

There is much more of the same in the book. I  recommend it.

Inspector Knacker

Shipbuilding was replaced by other industies, the problem was that employment levels were abysmally low then, so the replacement jobs merely maintained that level. As a town we've  been poorly lead for decades by parish pump bumpkins happy just to get by in their cosy world, not just devoid of ambition, but probably incapable of spelling the word.
We are on an extended cruise with a crew who can't even read a map, assuming they even have a destination in mind, happy to just bumble alongm busy going nowhere.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.