The Developer's Charter

Started by testing times, May 31, 2016, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

steveL

There was an advert popped up on the Mail site the other day for 'apartments' at Claremont Park overlooking Burn Valley. The apartments were £115,000 a shot; not for rent and they were being sold by Thirteen (Housing Hartlepool) - that's the people who are supposed to be social landlords. Obviously, they now see themselves playing with the big boys as property developers.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

I passed there on my way to the town last week, the advertising hoarding says...from... £125,000.

I have no idea what the plot cost them, but they must be making a heck of a profit on the site.

btw.... Are 'any' of the 500 houses at Wynyard going to be 'affordable housing' ?

Someone somewhere is making an absolute killing on housing developments that come under the HBC planning banner.

for fawkes sake

Claremont Park was the site of a sheltered house complex until recently. If I remember rightly, it was only built in the early 80s but was demolished within 25 years and the land sold to a developer
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

The Great Dictator

Claremont was owned by HH/Thirteen so was not bought for development.

The old flats were substandard for todays market so it was demolished.

The new flats are for sale or rent as are the 4 bungalows.

Hopefully the Wynyard site has no " affordable " houses, that would deter

big value properties being built and sold.

Those people can live in Hartlepool or Billingham.

If they need subsidised accommodation then Wynyard is not for them.

Gustaf I of England + BWH

Quote from: for fawkes sake on May 31, 2016, 10: AM
Claremont Park was the site of a sheltered house complex until recently. If I remember rightly, it was only built in the early 80s but was demolished within 25 years and the land sold to a developer

Claremont Old Folks Apartments where closed and eventually knocked down because the apartments didn't match up with the latest standards - something to do with the kitchen not being separate from the living room or something of that nature.

Alnwickist

Should build affordable housing on the overgrown derelict site formally know as Tunstall Court, sure Henry would be all for that. Not.

Would be interesting to know who bought the X ambulance station site,why all the secrecy makes me wonder.

fred c

Quote from: The Great Dictator on May 31, 2016, 10: AM
Claremont was owned by HH/Thirteen so was not bought for development.

The old flats were substandard for todays market so it was demolished.

The new flats are for sale or rent as are the 4 bungalows.

Hopefully the Wynyard site has no " affordable " houses, that would deter

big value properties being built and sold.

Those people can live in Hartlepool or Billingham.

If they need subsidised accommodation then Wynyard is not for them.

A bit like the Warsaw Ghetto then.......?

steveL

Claremont was a council place. The flats were probably transferred to Housing Hartlepool as part of the great housing giveaway but I doubt if the land was - it was quite a large site. That said, it probably went to Thirteen for a knock down price or perhaps someone's mother-in-law was lined up for one of the 'apartments'.

BTW - who exactly are 'those people'.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Gustaf I of England + BWH on May 31, 2016, 10: AM

Claremont Old Folks Apartments where closed and eventually knocked down because the apartments didn't match up with the latest standards - something to do with the kitchen not being separate from the living room or something of that nature.
Really? We have just spent a week in a rather nice development in Hampshire , built in February this year and the kitchen diner living room combined was a big selling point. Odd that.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

" Those people " being the ones who require AFFORDABLE HOUSING.

Riddler 5, its more to do with corridor sizes, emergency access and a lift.

mk1

They could do what they are starting to do in London. Put special 'back-doors' in blocks of flats so the 'haves' use the  normal entrance and the riff-raf have to use the side exit out to where the bins are kept.

The Great Dictator

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on May 31, 2016, 07: PM
the riff-raf have to use the side exit out to where the bins are kept.
The bins are now classed as compact dwellings (Top Cat style) and now on the rental market.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Alnwickist

Never get affordable housing in Hartlepool with the planning committee set up the way it is.No pocket money in it for them.