Cranney - A Bomb Waiting to Go Off

Started by steveL, May 15, 2016, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

So why no Cranney for Mayor? Could it be that his ovine colleagues know only too well that Cranney is a bomb waiting to go off?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

I suspect that they've known that for a long time.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

fred c

If he had taken office, it would have created an immediate problem for Ms Alexander, she would have found herself having to ask the big fella who carries the mace to clear the public gallery.
The bloke replacing him isn't exactly a charmer either, I suspect he will be another gavel banger......time will tell.

Hairy Blackhead

I told you Cook was going to be Mayor, apparently Cranney is a bigger embarrassment than the Akers-Belchers, who don't see themselves as an embarrassment at all. It's a strange world we live in.

fred c

I suppose Hitler, Stalin, Chairman Mao, Pol Pot, Attila the Hun & Ghengis Khan  all thought they were the peoples benefactors....... Megalomaniancs one & all including our very own, Toot n Ploot

not4me

Cook is a short fuse  - should be fun.

Foggy

From observing him at a few council meetings it does appear that Cook has some 'tolerance' issues.  I've also noticed that a few of the mob seem to have a very short fuse, particularly in relation to the public gallery.  So I agree that it could be fun.  I guess anything is an improvement on sitting there cringing.

Who can we expect as the deputy then?

Alnwickist

Cook has no time for members of the public,equally as rude as the rest of them.

Land Phil

Sounds like DVDs of future meetings could be sold for entertainment.

fred c

Quote from: Foggy on May 16, 2016, 03: PM
From observing him at a few council meetings it does appear that Cook has some 'tolerance' issues.  I've also noticed that a few of the mob seem to have a very short fuse, particularly in relation to the public gallery.  So I agree that it could be fun.  I guess anything is an improvement on sitting there cringing.

Who can we expect as the deputy then?

"Tolerance Issues", thats an extremely subtle way of describing his demeanour, you are also spot on with your assessment of a number of the other Mob members, their attitude to members of the public leaves a lot to be desired

I can certainly see a few fireworks in the coming months if he adopts the same I know best attitude of the supercilious Lying Ste.

tankerville

It was of No surprise and without any mention when given the Chair of Planning Cllr Cook failed to make it known his connection with Gus Robinson's his former employer.

Lot's of juicy building contracts.

Along with his incumbent Labour Councillor Uncle 'Denny'  for back up all so very convenient.

I'm not suggesting any impropriety after all Labour would never ever do such a thing. Or would They ?

He's not the nicest of the nastiest within the Labour ranks but must come a bloody close second.

Still the people of the town voted for him and what you vote for you get.

Lord Elpus

I'm sure his Mother in Law Cllr Goosy (D Wallers Wife) was Chair of the Contract Scrutiny Committee.