Hartlepool mail

Started by john mathieson, April 29, 2016, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mathieson

Hello I have recently been blocked from commenting in the Hartlepool mail and believe it is for criticising the local councillors, has anyone else experienced this.
I thought we had free speech in this country but not in this town.

Hartlepudlion

I haven't heard of any blocking but it doesn't surprise me. As another post states, they think they are invincible! Up to us to prove them wrong.

The Great Dictator

Did you know that the composition of the Mail is now done in India then sent to Sheffield for publication.... >:(

fred c

Quote from: john mathieson on April 29, 2016, 04: PM
Hello I have recently been blocked from commenting in the Hartlepool mail and believe it is for criticising the local councillors, has anyone else experienced this.
I thought we had free speech in this country but not in this town.

I wouldn`t take it as read that you have been blocked, the Mail website is very fickle about logging onto it.... basically the site is cack.

However the Mail is notorious for deleting the comments on articles that are critical of The Mob, HBC spend around £40,000 a year with the Mail so they have a tendency to jump on the shovel when Te Mob shout s**t.

mk1

2 nutters are regular posters on the Mail site and depite being banned several times they just register multiple new IDs (several running at the same time) that they use to carry out their trolling. One of them was kicked off Twitter in October 2014 because he was a very active and vocal  McCann troll.

akarjl

Guess the snail chases the money so to speak......when the domes were panting like a council canvasser comments asking what was happening dissapeared within hours.

akarjl

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-rated-as-best-place-in-uk-for-residential-parking-1-7885456

= park on pavements.

What part of Hartlepool does this guy live? Mumbai ....isn't that where articles are typeset?

Probably why there's a constant stream of articles about Peterlee and Newcastle....shame it's not a little more absorbent it would then be of some value.

stokoe

Quote from: akarjl on April 30, 2016, 06: AM
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-rated-as-best-place-in-uk-for-residential-parking-1-7885456

= park on pavements.

What part of Hartlepool does this guy live? Mumbai ....isn't that where articles are typeset?

Probably why there's a constant stream of articles about Peterlee and Newcastle....shame it's not a little more absorbent it would then be of some value.
[/quote  wow that headline is crazy,think we should upload some photos,the last two areas to be built on foggy furze,Tanfield rd estate the amount of cars on the pavements is crazy aswell as the size of the roads themselves.

Land Phil

The Mail is suggesting we spend the Bank Holiday doing a jigsaw or having a cup of hot chocolate.

Sure got my adrenaline pumping.

ashamedtobebritish

I just got Jim Ainslie's election leaflet through my letterbox, posted through my letterbox at 05:50 in the morning yes that's AM to everybody, nearly frightened the bottom lumps out of me.

That was the sleep in ruined !

On a plus note though, spent most of the morning chuckling away at how much cr@p you can squeeze onto one small glossy piece of paper, on how labour should you vote for it, will cure the sick, part the ocean, make the blind see again and solve world hunger.

If you get one of these glossy HBC printed propaganda leaflets posted to you best advice I can give is to be kind to the environment and put it in the recycling and hope you dont get a red tag for contaminating your bin with cr@p.

steveL

I wouldn't be at all gutted if Shane pushes out the two-faced Mr Ainslie. The all-things-to-all-men, Mr Nice Guy image that Ainslie has tried to establish in the council chamber belies the fact that it was he who was instrumental in getting Robbie Payne de-selected as a Headland and Harbour candidate on the apparent instructions of his wife.

As Heritage Champion he has, on more than one occasion, found himself arguing on the opposite side to English Heritage. God alone knows what possessed him to so vehemently support the planning application to shove a shipping container on top of the lighthouse buildings next to the Bombardment Memorial - even Mad Dog thought that was crazy - but the episode showed him to have little empathy with the people or the area he is meant to represent.

. . . and then there was his laughable attempt to defend the £384 he receives for each of the 4 utterly pointless gatherings  of the North Neighbourhood Forums held each year. A classic Labour Carpetbagger that the Headland would be better off without.

Good luck, Shane.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

Somebody on the headland did plot to remove Robbie but Ainslie had nothing at all to do with it, in fact i knew about it before Jim did.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: The Great Dictator on May 01, 2016, 12: AM
Somebody on the headland did plot to remove Robbie but Ainslie had nothing at all to do with it, in fact i knew about it before Jim did.

I disagree, Ainslie's wife was one of the main instigators and Jim was involved.  I was told this be a Labour Party Councillor.

SRMoore

fred c

Quote from: SRMoore on May 01, 2016, 11: AM
Quote from: steveL on April 30, 2016, 09: PM
Good luck, Shane.

Thank you, Steve. Appreciated.

Can I just echo Steve`s sentiments, I hope you do well Shane.