Church Street

Started by steveL, January 28, 2016, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on January 29, 2016, 07: PM
Maybe people who have 'visions' should remember what happened to Joan of Arc?  ....  :o

Everyone knows that Joan of Arc was a notorious user, inhaling large quantities of incense while her head was covered with a Morrision's bag. It was always going to end in tears.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Hubris

Quote from: mk1 on January 30, 2016, 11: AM
What strikes me about the opening bit of that film is the displacement activity of SAB. Clearly agitated and can't stop pulling faces, playing with his pen or staring at Riddle. He is also unsure which of his ample  ar*se-cheeks is taking his  weight and which one will overhang. It appears he  has  drained his water jug which explains the  perspiration cascading down his face. The man is a time-bomb just waiting to explode........
From the still in the post I reckon Handsome Ste has the look of someone who realises the game is up, and come May his unemployability will become a bit of a liability when all his lucrative allowances and mileage scams are history. And should the nouveau-riche of Elwick Rise be really trying to get their finger in up to their second knuckle. 

Lord Elpus

In reply to HUBRIS and nowt to do with Church Street but relevant to Mays elections is the question; what is Wells (aka 'That Odious Little t*a*') going to do about Cllr George Morris who is spending much of his time in residential care and has not been to a Council meeting of any kind for close to 6 months.

Only Wells knows why he asked Morris to stand again last May, but he must be at least 86.  I suppose he can rely on his Labour pals to extend the six month rule at least once, but the reality is the resident of Rural West will eventually demand three effective Councillors, in fact to even have one would be a bonus.

Land Phil

How about a new tab / folder with a topic of each ward under it as well as a big picture topic.

This round of elections could be a bit of a celebration with some hard work.