Has CAB Moved?

Started by marky, January 21, 2016, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

Talking to someone from the council tonight who said that CAB has already bought his posh new house but won't be moving in until after the election. He wants to be able to still claim he lives in Foggy Furze during the election. Anyone know where it is?

steveL

Last I heard he was moving but not yet which I suppose sort of fits in with that unless it's some legal thing.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Land Phil

Sounds like a trick a con man would pull.

Alnwickist

House is in Elwick Rise , opposite High Tunstall school.

steveL

The only houses 'opposite Tunstall School' are in Deer Park and don't face the road or have Elwick Rise as their address.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

no6bus

High tunstall has 4 sides, one facing dear park, one facing west park, one facing elwick road and the fourth facing the school fields which go as far as elwick rise, hope this helps

marky

is this The House? Seems a bit cheap compared to some of the prices for the house they are alleged to be moving into.

Hubris

From the Has CAB moved post - "Is this The House? Seems a bit cheap compared to some of the prices for the house they are alleged to be moving into"

£210k is just below average for living the suburban life in places like Bilton. For sure the rumours of a £500k palace must have been wildly exaggerated.
If the Dynamic Duo do decide to relocate to a new love-nest (only after the elections of course) their dreams of building up some nice equity over the years will not come off. Due in part to their central role in selling Hartlepool down the river for 40 pieces of silver, and promoting policies like:- the scrapping of the town plan, the carte-Blanche given to all and any dodgy developers, the building of ever more 'executive' houses, the heads in the sand that ignores the basic economic connection between supply/demand and prices, the static population of Hartlepool.
The impact of all this will be to freeze the value of new property in the town, and to ensure that the older parts (Park/Elwick/GrangeRd, Rift House, Throston, King Oswy, Seaton etc etc) will see prices steadily fall over the coming years. The central areas will evolve into run-down ghettos. No-go areas where the elderly and vulnerable will just have to cope with living amongst the dregs. Where will the buyers come from to fill the 2150-plus houses that are already in the approved planning pipeline? (Like the SW Extension, Tunstall, Hart Reservoir, Briarfields) and how many more yet to come?
If you are a house owner anywhere in Hartlepool, don't bank on a rosy future bankrolled by ever-rising home equity. It won't be there! Not as long as the mob recklessly allow the building of more houses that aren't needed.

notenoughsaid

Reply to Hubris.......I  feel you may have understated the number of houses to be built.   I recently estimated 7000  and was promptly corrrected by a well known businessman the actual figure was nearer 14,000 which I thought too high but did not research it further.   If you consider the proposed houses  West of Sainsburys alongside the A179 (2000+) I believe ,along with more at Hart Village off the same road. A further 270 at the western end off former  Happy Valley  site and 50  more West of  Applewood Close the number doubles.   

This is not a criticism but a frightening fact .   I agree with  your post as  it makes a good point

Regard  NES.

for fawkes sake

If memory serves me well, 7,000 was the figure of possible new house builds in the pipeline or which had been knocked back at the time of the scrapping of the town plan. I wouldn't be surprised if the absence of a town plan has attracted the attention of more developers since, which is where the 14,000 may come from. I believe Hubris was referring to the number of new builds  which have already made their way through the planning or appeals process so it's quite possible everyone is correct.  :)

My own thoughts had wandered off to a different story on The Post which is about the 'Missing £6m'. I believe that newly built houses come with a 6-month grace period on council tax but even so, there must surely be quite a sum of extra money now being raised from newly built houses yet in spite of this extra revenue, we are still facing a 4% increase in council tax.

Quite obviously, this is no time to be wasting money, any money, let alone £6m.   
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Hubris

Thanks for keeping me right NES and FFS. Looks like my underestimated figure of planned new builds needed multiplying by a factor of 5 or so. Sadly with your figures (7k or even up to 14k) my premise about the negative impact on property values by encouraging un-needed house building just becomes even more frightening. Yes there may be a slight increase in council income as people jump up a category, but surely they should be moving heaven and earth to try and regenerate this town. Bring real jobs to the town. How creative are they being? What imaginative and irresistible strategies do they have to attract new businesses to Hartlepool?
Any suggestions from all you Posters out there? After all, it's said that the Post is almost compulsory reading  by our elected members (well, at least those who can read) so let's try and inspire them via this forum. Let's be honest, we all find it easier to take them to task and to pour out our vitriol on them, criticise, carp and moan about them (albeit mostly justified) So for a change let's be more positive and throw in some ideas about how to get this town moving again.

Inspector Knacker

All these housing developments are perfect IF the plan is to turn the town into a Teesside dormitory suburb. Get rid of all he things that define the town as independent, hospital, courts etc and make the town into one big faceless housing estate and anthing of consequence will require a trip to the boro. Even Tumbleweed Junction would make sense if such a scenario came to fruition.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Alnwickist

Hands up apologies, my contact sent me the wrong info. Very sorry, apparently it is the first house on the left as you turn into the estate and was bought for 400K.
I'm going to get a photo and post it on here asap.

Sorry again.

mk1

Quote from: Alnwickist on January 28, 2016, 05: PM

Hands up apologies, my contact sent me the wrong info. Very sorry, apparently it is the first house on the left as you turn into the estate and was bought for 400K.

If I were the Building Society I would check  why the purchase price down as £500,000! Maybe Cranney was the valuer?