Newsline Issue 95

Started by steveL, December 15, 2015, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Not sure what to make of this. Newsline - the council newsletter to staff. There seems to be a dearth of anything particularly interesting to say and as a result, the content is heavily supplemented by the PR Department's standard Press Release offerings including bin collection dates.

Anyway, as an addendum from the Hartlepool Post:

We'd like to wish a Happy Christmas to all of those in the Civic Centre who still believe that Public Service is all about Serving the Public (the clue is in the name, really)

We know that there are still lots of you in there fighting the good fight and we look forward to another year of your e-mails as we all try to rid the town of the chancers, carpetbaggers and freeloaders that presently contaminate the Kremlin.

We'd offer you all a glass of Veuve Clicquot, but we're right out.

Anyway, click to Enlarge

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Johnny Bongo

Gotta give them their due...any publicity is good publicity...as the saying goes!  The Labour/ Con men (and women)  would turn a diarrhoea epidemic into something positive!  Who's the Santa? If it's a Labour councillor, then a pic of Dick Turpin would've been more appropriate!  Stay dry for 31 days...yeh, I'll try...if you can ever clear the blocked drains in St Pauls Rd and cars don't soak me when I'm near the 'lake'!  Apparently, HBC only have one gulley sucking wagon now, so we'll just have to wait our turn, however long that may be!
How about the Labcon scum trying a variation on the 31 days theme!   'Stay honest' for 31 days'! They couldn't do it for 31 minutes!
Under the title ' Thank you everyone', why are there pictures of 1) a semi-plucked turkey and 2) Harpo Marx?  Of course...it's nearly Xmas and there's old films on TV.  Duck soup, anyone?