Next Dave Stubbs

Started by Hartlepudlion, March 08, 2015, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hartlepudlion

I Understand that Dave's successor will be announced officially tomorrow. It will not surprize most of us as to who this might be. I wonder if they will also announce her successor!

steveL

There is something inherently corrupt about an exiting Chief Executive effectively being able to name his successor, unchallenged and without any competition from what could well have been better external candidates. We will never know because the opportunity was never given.

I used to describe HBC as being dysfunctional but it has now evolved into being degenerate. We have long passed the day when the Government needed to step in.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Hartlepudlion

Yes it certainly sounds dodgy. Remember a year or so back when they insisted  they had to advertise externally for an Assistant Director? The reason given at the time was it was too senior a post to be only offered internally.

It that was the case, then surely ithe CE role is more senior and should have been advertised externally- it wasn't even advertised internally! No doubt they will say that they did it to save tax payers money on advertising and interview expenses!

It will be interesting to see what happens about the vacant Assistant Director post. Anybody seen any advertisements?

Jeff

Emailed Peter Devlin, Dave Stubbs, Iain Wright and the LGA on this very subject. Only received one reply, from Peter Devlin saying he has passed it onto Stubbs to get back to me. Still waiting.  Snouts in the trough!
I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

Inspector Knacker

Why not appoint Jeeves as CE.....perfectly qualified for the role, although Manuel comes to mind for some reason.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lord Elpus

The meeting is today, I'm a member of the Appointment Panel, yesterday I sent an email to a senior Officer, this is part of it; 

'I feel extremely uncomfortable regarding various aspects of the way in which HBC is to appoint a new CEO.

I hasten to add this is no reflection on the internal candidate for the position.

I therefore wish to take no further part in the appointment process for this specific roll'.

I did request the Appointment Panel ensured the process included external candidates, there was no support.

The public will draw their own conclusions.

Land Phil

Who else is on the panel please !

fred c

Quote from: Land Phil on March 09, 2015, 08: AM
Who else is on the panel please !

Rumour has it that the chair of the appointments panel could well be growing cabbages come the summer.

The Great Dictator

I used to be on that panel, the senior officers used to give the councillors questions to ask in case they couldn't think of one !

steveL

For info: Stubbs' e-mail and the accompanying Press Release.

Dear Councillor,

I am emailing you to inform you that the Council's Appointments Panel this afternoon recommended that Gill Alexander, the Council's Director of Child and Adult Services, succeeds me as Chief Executive. Below is a copy of a press release with more details which the Council will be issuing to the media so please feel free to share this information if you wish.

Regards

Dave

Dave Stubbs
Chief Executive

PRESS RELEASE

Appointments Panel recommends new Chief Executive

A PANEL of councillors has unanimously recommended that Gill Alexander becomes Hartlepool Council's next Chief Executive.

A seven-strong cross-party Appointments Panel – chaired by Hartlepool Mayor Stephen Akers-Belcher – will recommend to a meeting of the Full Council on 26 March that Ms Alexander replaces Dave Stubbs who retires at the end of May after a career at the Council spanning 44 years.

Gill Alexander has been Director of Child and Adult Services for Hartlepool Council since October 2013. Prior to that she was Director for Children, Young People and Learning for North Tyneside Council, a position she had held since 2005.

Councillor Stephen Akers-Belcher said: "Since Gill Alexander joined the Council as a director in 2013 she has played a leading role in driving forward a number of major initiatives.

"Gill is a very experienced officer and the Panel feels that she is the right person to succeed Dave Stubbs as Chief Executive."

Gill Alexander commented: "I am delighted to be recommended for the post of Chief Executive. Despite the ongoing challenges, Hartlepool Council is at the forefront of some great work and I am confident that exciting times lie ahead for Hartlepool."
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

Surely in these austere times someone with a financial background would be more appropriate. I don't read much of that in the Press Release.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

fred c

HBC..... Openness, Transparency, Accountability...... My A**e

Only In Hartlepool & Only Under The TorLab Mob

brassed off monkey

Another one on the money for The Post the forecast was bang on, no external candidates for the SCABS and The Mob to consider, just a here you go Gill the jobs yours just remember how you got it when the time comes.

A couple of the appointment panel might care to brush up on there planting and weeding skills because nothing should be ruled out with this shower running the show

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/

steveL

Perhaps it's just me .....

The Great Dictator

Jees, is that Harpo Marx ?