Phillip Broughton Introduction leaflet Front and back page

Started by Phil UKIP, June 28, 2014, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

one direction

Quote from: DRiddle on July 09, 2014, 06: PM
QuoteI don't know for certain the video prompted it, I did find it interesting that The Mail ran a sub headline of May 23rd which read 'Red rose party stays strong'. To some, that could appear to be a direct reference to a video produced by a small group of locals who took on the 'labour machine' on a shoe string

I do know for certain that the Red Rose is the symbol of the Labour Party and has been for many years. I do hope the above remark by Cllr Riddle was meant to be a joke, in which case a  :) might have been appropriate?  If it wasn't meant to be humorous then it could appear to me that someone needs a reality check And possibly some counselling for megalomania and delusions of grandeur,

DRiddle

The red rose has been a symbol associated with the Labour Party since the mid 80s. Many people, wrongly as it happens, attribute it to Peter Mandelson, which actually wasm't the case.

My point was there are MANY ways to refer to the Labour Party. I just found it interesting the local paper chose THAT one, a few days after we'd very publicly declared the red rose was dead.

Anyway, there was a lot of interesting reporting on May 23rd this year. PHF were referred to as 'treading water', whilst Labour were described as 'suffering no overall losses'. When in fact, both parties lost the same number of seats as they gained.

Perhaps I'm imagining that as inconsistent reporting too, eh one direction?

You should maybe read a bit of Greg Philo before you see the press as so innocent, even at local level.