Phillip Broughton Introduction leaflet Front and back page

Started by Phil UKIP, June 28, 2014, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil UKIP

My Introduction leaflet Front and back page.

Phillip Broughton Hartlepool PPC for the 2015 General Election

grim reaper

Something that didn't cross my mind until my wife mentioned it.....why didn't Mr Broughton respond to my comment, as opposed to Kipperdip 'defending' him?
Didn't cross my mind but good question.
Phillip, if you are going to come on here and make comments etc., you MUST respond to whatever arises therefrom.
We don't want to hear from the local UKIP spokesman, we want to hear from YOU.
I'm with you all the way but you have got to step up to the plate and start browbeating the soft ars*es in Hartlepool to another way of thinking.
You can't leave others to do it for you.
Raise your profile or you will sink.  :)

Phil UKIP

I'll certainly will. You'll be hearing lots from me.

fred c

Mr Broughton, you could do worse than comb the archives of this forum for examples of the sheer incompetence of the Labour Party during the last 10 years of running Hartlepool.

A few issues you might consider when formulating your election campaign for 2015.

30,000 people signed a petition to save the Hartlepool's Hospital, that point alone is a massive plus for any candidate hoping to unseat the towns flaccid "Member", it needs to be the "Focal Point" of any campaign.

The lies & deceit pedalled by The Mob over the ditching of the town plan & the £2 Million plus it is likely to have cost the council tax payers of Hartlepool.

The Manor Residents Scandal & the abandonment of the 4 employees by the caring sharing Labour Councillors/Trustees, Handsome Ste Akers Belcher & P Beck, not to mention the fortune in council tax payer's money that disappeared into the Kilmarnock Road "Black Hole"

The delusionary Ferris Wheel Visions for Hartlepool of "The Dear Leader & The Mob" that has already started to drain more council tax payer's money into the pockets of the now notorious "Consultants"

You might also pose the question as to why our Labour Council spent £4 Million pounds on a Transport Interchange that is unused & has proven to be a complete waste of council tax payer's money.

The examples are many & varied as to how out of touch "The LabTor" coalition  are with an awful lot of voters in the town, there won`t be a better time for a Party to change the political landscape in Hartlepool.

I realise that it is of course a General Election & that the Parties need to promote a national manifesto, but Hartlepool has a unique set of circumstances that will require a more parochial approach to the election.

One other thing you may decide... It may prove beneficial... Not To Hold Coffee Mornings in the "Cafe In The Crem"

DRiddle

Furthermore Phil, do you have a view on the sad passing of James Brian Hellwig?

grim reaper

DRIDDLE: I hope we are not going to sink into the realms of silly name calling and sarcasm.
I do believe you ought to have inserted a 'wink' after your last post to P. Broughton.

Surely by now we have moved on from tittering at his previous hobby of wrestling promotion?  ::)
I can think of worse hobbies he could have been involved in. When I was circa 14 years of age I used to go down to Seaton beach with my push bike and load up with sacks of sea coal and then sell them around the doors.  :'(

I have had a number of successful businesses since those long gone days and it would burn my ass if the only thing people remembered was the 'sea coal' days!  :(
A jokes a joke but it is time to move on.

We have an incumbent of a serious post in this town and he does absolutely NOTHING for us.
THAT'S what we ought to be concentrating on now. Not sniping at the only person to throw his hat into the ring.

DRiddle

GR, I'm simply trying to engage with Phil in the same way he'll need to engage with the electorate.

It was a simple question about a sport he's passionate about. Nothing more.

mk1

Quote from: grim reaper on June 29, 2014, 01: PM
it would burn my ass .

Sorry to sound like an obsessive but there is a perfectly good English word for the above americanism-it is AR*SE!

one direction

Hi Phillip. Father a coal miner and mother a nurse? Not your standard parents for a Tory? Which pit did your dad work at? My family included coal miners until the 1980's (before you were born?) and I had relatives at Richardsons Westgarth and British Steel as well. Don't you think its time Hartlepool stopped looking back and started looking forward. Complaining that Labour can't be trusted on the NHS, that we waste million on the EU, fine I'm with you there BUT what would a UKIP MP for Hartlepool actually do? You can't get the hospital back, thats as dead as the mines and the ship yards. You can't put the immigration ginie back in the bottle, unless you intend to re-patriate them all? So what POSITIVE things could you do as a UKIP MP for Hartlepool? Tell me something good, not just how bad the others are!

one direction

Quote from: one direction on July 01, 2014, 12: AMSo what POSITIVE things could you do as a UKIP MP for Hartlepool? Tell me something good, not just how bad the others are!

Still waiting for some good news from UKIP!

Land Phil

Has Phil really got a chance as not being Labour and not being Hartlepudlian ...the 2 things that turn the majority of Hartlepool voters on in my opinion. Mandy got his seat because he was waving the Labour flag ...just as anybody would have.

I totally agree with the old saying that Hartlepool voters are drowning because they are holding onto the Labour rock that is dragging them under.

Does a local independent or PHF candidate have more chance than Phil ?

It is going to take a massive amount of effort to get Iain voted out.
His face is in the Mail regularly, I don't see any challengers getting the same publicity. 

Hartlepool being as parochial as it is won't go for any outsider that pops up just before the election.

Tommy

In answer to Land Phil,

Anyone stands a chance of becoming the towns new MP regardless of being Labour and not being a Hartlepudlian, if they market themselves correctly and honestly.

In Philip Broughton's case a number of advantages he already has, one is that folk turned out to vote here in town and elected some UKIP'ers in to the local arena and the other is that he will no doubt get national coverage from the cloak of Nigel Farage, when he comes to Hartlepool (its my guess you see that Nigel will be as sensible to visit the town on every given opportunity he can to get the seat).

Mr Broughton must make friends with the Sheffield Echo, the Northern Echo and the Teesside Gazette, in sending press releases to them allowing for photo opportunity's around Hartlepool every chance he can.

He could also have a regular letterbox flyer/leaflet delivery's with his name party and photograph on them, however not to "slag" off the opposition party's but to tell the town residents the good he will do for them when he takes the seat (yes he should indicate on those flyers/leaflets "when" as its all about mind set), these flyers/leaflets should go through every house in town.

Everyone that reads this site must know that with a clever plan of attack and not to get involved in petty tweets, facebook and other inappropriately used social media, he just could be the towns future MP.

I wonder if he has a clever and "LOCAL" campaign adviser? in my opinion that's all he will need.

one direction

Quote from: one direction on July 05, 2014, 01: PM
Quote from: one direction on July 01, 2014, 12: AMSo what POSITIVE things could you do as a UKIP MP for Hartlepool? Tell me something good, not just how bad the others are!

Still waiting for some good news from UKIP!

Still waiting!

DRiddle

QuoteEveryone that reads this site must know that with a clever plan of attack and not to get involved in petty tweets, facebook and other inappropriately used social media, he just could be the towns future MP.

Whilst I agree it's important not to get drawn into petty use of social media (something I've been guilty of a times if I'm honest with myself), I think under estimating the power of social media and it's growing influence is a huge mistake.

Take our video in the run up to the local elections, (below) over 2,000 viewed it, meaning it cost us around 15p per person to directly engage with people in a meaningful way. (The video cost £120).

It also cost us nothing to get it around the town via facebook, twitter etc.

Whilst I don't know for certain the video prompted it, I did find it interesting that The Mail ran a sub headline of May 23rd which read 'Red rose party stays strong'. To some, that could appear to be a direct reference to a video produced by a small group of locals who took on the 'labour machine' on a shoe string budget.

I firmly believe our video, together with the 'UKIP bounce' helped push Labour to within 319 votes of losing what should be one of their safest councils.

I also think a very good campaign could be fought in Hartlepool in the general election by the right candidate for around £5,000.

That's not a trivial sum of money granted, but I reckon there are a least three councillors who, if push came to shove, are more than prepared to throw a years worth of their allowance at a campaign to dislodge Wright and/or throw their weight behind Phil and UKIP.

Interesting times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yytCJcCO0xc

pensionater

Personally,i can't see an out of towner getting voted in as our MP.Gus Robinson would have walked it if he hadn't stood under the Conservative banner,but he was a very popular man.I think UKIP are letting the protest vote go to their heads.