The ego has landed...

Started by DRiddle, May 23, 2014, 02: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

one direction

Has the ego landed or is it just hovering for a while? How long can only being Chairman of PHF and a local councillor satisfy such an ego? Surely the ego must take wing to Chairmam and Leader of PHF? Then could the man who stood up to Ged Hall be on his way to Westminster to stand up to Milliband, Clegg and Cameron? David Riddle MP? Anyone care to place bets on how soon the ego starts to fly higher again?

DRiddle

My 'New Year's resolution', effective as of 10.01pm May 22nd 2014, is not to engage meaningfully with online trolls.

one direction

Simple, multiple choice question.

Do PHF intend to expand their brief by standing a candidate in next year's general election?

a) Yes
b) Maybe
c) No
d) I refuse to answer as now I'm a councillor I'm too important to answer questions like this.

Of course any answer but b) really means YES

mk1

Quote from: one direction on May 29, 2014, 08: AM
Simple

Yes you are if you think your first post does not give your game away.

http://www.forum.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,1749.msg20514.html#msg20514

A partisan question from a political party after information that will help guide its own election strategy.

steveL

There will be no PHF candidate in next year's General Election. Is that clear enough for you?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on May 29, 2014, 09: AM
There will be no PHF candidate in next year's General Election. Is that clear enough for you?

I would have left them dangling.

steveL

Quote from: mk1 on May 29, 2014, 09: AM
Quote from: steveL on May 29, 2014, 09: AM

I would have left them dangling.

Tempting, but it's been the case from day one so it's not exactly news.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

My 'New Year's resolution', effective as of 10.01pm May 22nd 2014, is not to engage meaningfully with online trolls.

QuoteThere will be no PHF candidate in next year's General Election. Is that clear enough for you?

Maybe a former PHF member will stand though? :P

marky

Maybe someone who once saw a PHF member in Tesco will stand for MP or someone whose brother married a cousin of someone who once sold a dog to a PHF member....... give it up yer daft bugger :o

The Great Dictator

It costs money to stand in a general election.

If you're an independent (as a PHF member essentially is) you'd also be p***ing in the wind against all the other parties. Pretty much in the same way as you are in Hartlepool at the moment.