The ego has landed...

Started by DRiddle, May 23, 2014, 02: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue

Are you going to do that through the residents associations?

Do you think you will be given the opportunity/or want to, work with the other two Councillors? I say this as Keith Fisher was very much excluded during his term.

DRiddle

I've been in direct contact with residents associations prior to being elected. I attended the one in Hart Village Hall a week or so before the election. I also have direct contact with H, C, and BC residents association members daily via facebook.

Councillor Beck 'congratulated' me on election night and said he looked forward to working with me. (He was the only Labour Party member who spoke to me).

However, i'll see how things go. The way I see it, is that they need ME a hell of a lot more than I need them. Councillor Beck and Robinson's political reputations are damaged virtually beyond repair with the residents of The Hart Ward in my opinion.

Even if I DID work with Beck, I don't think it'll be for longer than a year before I have a new councillor to work with in Hart.

pensionater

Driddle,when it was suggested you put your name forward for a Councillor,one of your main reasons for not taking it at the time was that you wouldn't be able to give it 100%.You said you were giving all your time to the students and massive amount of funding that you were in charge of.So whats changed?.

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on May 26, 2014, 05: PM
.So whats changed?.

He won.

Those who were engaged in an organised attempt to deny him office got shafted

They  cut a pathetic figure as they carp from the sidelines to  try and restart the fight.

Losers..........

pensionater

So what he going to give a 100% to now?.

pensionater

Lets hope you are with him when he gets asked questions away from this forum.

DRiddle

Yes my workload was a factor in deciding whether to run or not. However, I knew I had good support from my immediate superiors at work, many of whom are politically active, one of whom sits in the commons.

Rest assured, i'll manage.

fred c

Quote from: pensionater on May 26, 2014, 05: PM
Lets hope you are with him when he gets asked questions away from this forum.

There`s one thing for sure..... whoever asks Driddle Questions, will have to be a sight more intelligent than you to pose him any problems.

pensionater

It's going to be interesting to see what changes if any come about by the new Councillors.Fred at least i don't have to stoop to fisticuffs to get my questions across.

DRiddle

Quoteone of your main reasons for not taking it at the time was that you wouldn't be able to give it 100%

Mr Pensionater, in all seriousness, even if I did find I was struggling with juggling the role of councillor with my full time job, would you rather have 20% of my time? or 100% of Allan Barclay's?

There's a lot of truth in the saying 'work smarter, not harder', IF you know what you're doing.

For example, in the days leading up to the election, the Labour group had Iain Wright, SAB and most of their foot soldiers knocking on doors in the Hart ward.

However, I engaged with the electorate in a totally different way, which was much more direct, quicker, cheaper and more efficient.

In addition, nearly 2,000 people saw this message (below) from all across the town in the days leading up to the election. This method cost our candidates £12 each. I spoke about efficiency as being crucial in making the people of Hartlepool's council tax go as far as possible and providing our towns people with GENUINE value for money.

I meant it.

There's nothing 'efficient' or 'value for money' about funding a residents association to the tune of a million quid, significant amounts of which appear to be unaccounted for.

I absolutely amazes me that anyone who frequents this forum can even dare defend the local group who still insist on telling us they're part of the Labour Party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yytCJcCO0xc

pensionater

I appreciate you answering me David,i don't stand for nobody but myself and my family.What i don't like is being called all the names under the sun for asking what i see as reasonable questions.(ok i may have gone too far with the Tenerife thing).Even before you can answer yourself someone is either doing it for you or slagging me off.This makes me very suspicious and will not deter me from asking questions i find pertinent.

fred c

Quote from: pensionater on May 26, 2014, 07: PM
It's going to be interesting to see what changes if any come about by the new Councillors.Fred at least i don't have to stoop to fisticuffs to get my questions across.

Neither do I, but you really shouldn`t bring up defamatory hearsay that you comes your way via Twitter.

But Troll away......

mk1

Quote from: pensionater on May 26, 2014, 07: PM
I appreciate you answering me David,i don't stand for nobody but myself and my family.What i don't like is being called all the names under the sun for asking what i see as reasonable questions.(ok i may have gone too far with the Tenerife thing).Even before you can answer yourself someone is either doing it for you or slagging me off.This makes me very suspicious and will not deter me from asking questions i find pertinent.

Or deter you from making (reasonable?) predictions.
http://www.forum.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,1617.msg19156.html#msg19156

Quote from: pensionater on April 11, 2014, 11: AM
Here's a prediction if he gets in Harry,in 1 year he's running PHF,in 18 months none of the original PHF members are left,in 2 years PHF is no more and he has started his own party.His ego is too big to take advice from anyone else

http://www.forum.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,1521.msg18105.html#msg18105

Quote from: pensionaterWhen one of their own (Driddle)is caught lying very few put their heads above the parapet and condemn him

Quote from: pensionaterThe thing is Driddle you can't win now. Admit it he's got ye. Harry caught you lying,trying to get your mate a kick in in the process.Sound familiar?.In the end your no better than the rest.

DRiddle

QuoteI appreciate you answering me David

Contrary to popular belief (mainly propagated by online trolls) I have absolutely no problem with answering questions. Indeed, I would strongly argue that due to social media I will quickly establishing myself as one of the most approachable councillors.

Feel free to ask away... 

pensionater

Mk1 why do you read into posts what isn't there?.I never said i take back what i said before,so why waste your tedious life going through my old posts.Get a life mate.