The ego has landed...

Started by DRiddle, May 23, 2014, 02: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

It's the early hours of the morning but I'm just busy thanking all of the people who voted for me via social media.

It was interesting to put a few 'faces to names' tonight at the count. This included a handshake with the real life 'kipperdip', an "I'm looking forward to working with you" message from Paul Beck (although to do that he would obviously need to START working for his residents), and being completely blanked by the rest of the Labour Party.

I also had the opportunity to decline a handshake from the CEO and offer him some advice via a whisper in his ear as I knocked back the handshake.

I am not the 'loose cannon' people might think I am, but I have literally NO intention of suddenly 'making friends' with people who treated me like dirt when I was a member of the public in the audience at meetings.

I next few months/years should be interesting.

Also, can I just offer my thanks to James Campbell, Harry Blackwood and Mr Mister for their campaign literature. It was much appreciated... ;-)

stokoe

Nice one david as they say they don't like it up em. also nice to see that k.d.

Sanddancer

Nice one Driddle and well done. I hope you are just the first of three in our ward and we can get rid of the other two who don't know when important meetings are to be held.

Interested

This is the start!!

Well done DRiddle, remember the days, months, years ahead are going to be tough but you now have the platform to push ahead and more importantly you now have to be listened to  ;)

Well done lad!!!!

:) :)

grim reaper

I'm confused David, did you get a seat in our ward? Hopefully the answer is positive.
With regard to 'handshakes', although you have to work with dogs of necessity, try not to attract their fleas!
Treat those with contempt that have treated you (and us) with contempt over the years.
How on earth do Labour keep control of this town, despite what has gone on, is beyond me.  >:(
It may be the 'bribes' via 'food banks' and free rubbish removal etc. for the so-called needy of council house estates.  >:(
I really am pi**ed off today!

tankerville

I congratulate your success David 'But' I'm appalled at you refusing to shake hands with the man you are going to have to work with.

You must understand it is both dis-courteous and just plain bad manners to do such a thing if this is the measure of what we can expect. then it will be very little in helping to rid this town of the Labour Party.

As a teacher you should know better a fine example to the profession, maybe as a councillor you will learn some valuable experience dealing with the low life within your own ranks.

Officers are there FULL TIME you are not! I would hope you go and make amends and apologise to him.

Land Phil

Tank ...was that satire ?

I am surprised not to hear of a 2 finger salute being returned ...well done for the restraint David. 

Jeff

As far as I remember, no one voted the Dave Stubbs in. 

Well done David.  Keep your own standards mate.
I  may know buggerall but at least I know it

norfolkngoode

Congratulations' David and everyone else who has won a seat on the council. Change is coming.........It may not be coming quickly, but its definitely coming.  ;D
'They don't like it up em'

for fawkes sake

I think someone needs to remind Mr Stubbs of that. Isn't he a plumber or something?
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

The Great Dictator

Good win David, why did you refuse a handshake ?

tankerville

No it was not satire.. It's called good manners my parents and family taught me to respect everyone including those I personally disliked.

Maybe teachers teach in a different way these days.

I'm just old fashioned I don't swear and am always courteous, now it would seem one of a dying breed in this town of Hartlepool.

DRiddle

Tank, all i'll say is this... A handshake is used  to convey trust, respect, balance, and equality.

When our councils' CEO conveys those values to:

(1) The ex-employees of Manor Resident who were paid less than minimum wage.
(2) The officers who begged the councillors not to abandon the town plan.
(3) The people of the Hart Ward.
(4) Members of my party who were verbally abused by the ceremonial mayor as they sat in the public gallery.
(5) The hundreds of people appalled at the cafe/drinking venue in the cemetary were my grandparents are burried.
(6) The families of the people who have died in car parks and ambulances on their way to North Tees Hospital.
(7) The members of TWO peer review teams.
(8  ) The residents of Seaton who have to deal with landfill sites near their homes.
(9) The residents of Rural West who were misinformed over the ownership of the Park Lodge.
(10) The residents of the marina who have watched our council allow their 'Jewel in the crown' to 'rust'.

(I could go on... )

Then, THEN, I shall reflect those values back to him in the form of the afore mentioned handshake.

Until that times arrives... I won't.

steveL

ah but would you shake hands with him if he was on Facebook?
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

I'd probably just 'poke' him now and again... (that's a facebook term for those who don't have it).

More importantly, perhaps there are some who frequent this forum who now regret not enagaging in meaningful dialogue regarding target wards with us?

At least 3 more seats could have been cut from Labours' majority yesterday, if some people had engaged their brains.

Foggy Furze, De Bruce and Fens and Rossmere have all gone to Labour despite the VAST majority of voters in those wards NOT voting Labour.

That would have meant Labour having just 16 of the 33 seats in council, smack in the middle of a mid/end term of a very disliked Tory/Liberal government.

and all that in a 'Labour Heartland'.

The photo in The Mail of them all smiling is classic Labour PR.

The margins of Labour victories will have been 'noted' by Labour North.

In 5 of the wards Labour won, their majorities are just 23, 84, 88, 104 and 115.

Those are not safe seats. Not by a long shot.