For the attention of former Hartlepool Mail editor Harry Blackwood

Started by DRiddle, April 23, 2014, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

post deleted

admin

Having threatened the site with legal action, we no longer allow Harry Blackwood to post on this site. In the circumstances, it is unfair to direct questions to Mr Blackwood when he is not in a position to answer them, at least on this site.

We have therefore removed the post in question and those related to it.

Jamescampbell78

David,

He's online on Facebook now if you want to ask a question.

He's also on Twitter if you want to send him a Tweet.

DRiddle

Fair enough. Apologies to admin, I didn't know about the threat of legal action.

James you pretty much got the jist of my question.

If you'd like to pass it on to him on my behalf that would be good.

Jamescampbell78

He's already seen it and shared it on his Facebook page David.

monty767

Jamescampbell78

Admin,

Honest question: I can understand you banning someone who has threatened the site with legal action.

Did you also ban the person who committed the original act of libel that put the site at risk in the first place?

Were they even placed on pre-mod?

The Great Dictator

Who are you referring to James and what exactly did they say that was allegedly libelous ?

not4me

for fawkes sake

There was no libel. It was just Harry being Harry. In truth, the Post has probably done him a favour in refusing to carry any more posts from him. It was only a matter of time before he said something libellous himself if he hadn't already.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

The Great Dictator

He did plenty of times but nobody else on here is childish enough to threaten such action, i blame admin for allowing it to continue for so long.

DRiddle

I can't pass the question on as I don't have Harry as a facebook friend (and have no intention of doing so). It's also impossible for me to direct the question at him via facebook due to the settings on his profile.

My intention wasn't to kick up the whole 'harry blackwood thing' again. I was just intrigued to know how someone could form such a set in stone opinion of someone (me) who they basically know NOTHING about.

Jamescampbell78

The libel was in the phrase "How much are the Labour party paying you" bit of the post which I can't quote exactly because it's removed.

To suggest untruthfully that someone who makes their living as independent of political influence is in the paid employment of a political party is asking for trouble.

DRiddle

James, surely you accept that there was an allegation of libel? It cannot be stated categorically that libel was committed at this stage.

admin

We seem to be in the process of rekindling a thread that was previously deleted. Take the hint, Guys.