Always the bridesmaid and never the bride

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, August 02, 2013, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brassed off monkey

Quote from: Vincent on August 04, 2013, 01: PM
Quote from: seaton on August 03, 2013, 08: AM
To most people in particular Southerners,  Hartlepool is a little village in the Notrth East where we `hung a monkey then voted in one as Mayor. We are surrounded by Chemical Plants, a Nuclear Power Station, another to be built eventually and a Steelworks across the Bay. The only additions we have made to the `village` over the years are several very big `smelly tips !
Cant see why any large company would want to invest here. One trip too Tesco` s and the surrounding would soon put them of, smell is disgusting. I am surprised Tesco are not complaining, amazing how they keep the stench from inside the shop.

JB have a planning application in for consideration by our leaders to extend the site near Tesco to take in adjacent sites!! - we will soon have to shop at Tesco wearing masks just like the Japanese wear

We were in Tesco last week & walking from the car to the store the Smell was disgusting, it is obvious where it comes from & we asked at the stores Information Desk if Tesco had reported it to the Enviroment Agency, it would appear that no one had.

I phoned the councils enviroment dept, nothing they could do, but advised me to ring the Enviroment Agency.... & that is the crux of the problem..... we shouldn`t have to put up with something as odious as the smells emanating from that site, if they can`t control the stink, they should not be allowed to operate.

Only in Hartlepool

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I am tempted to ask for details of the planning application but knowing what campaigns have been lost in the past I can't see the point in little old me putting in an objection.

Now if I wanted to change my windows that would be another matter.
I don't believe it.