Always the bridesmaid and never the bride

Started by Stig of the Seaton Dump, August 02, 2013, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Is it just me that gets sick of stories like this never being about Hartlepool ? ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-23539512
I don't believe it.

fred c

It does make you wonder, we have had 3 Labour MP`s on the belt, i don`t rate any of them, even Mandelson who was one of the most powerful politicians of his time did the Square Root Of Bugger All, in bringing any meaningful jobs to Hartlepool.

And to be honest, the least said about the vertically challenged "Member" we have at the present the better.

Hartlepudlion

And there was this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-23464741

I've been thinking the same for a while - what has our Director of Regenetation done? The possibility of doing a deal with Gus Robinson to build a few houses. This Council is obsessed with houses it is all it does. It should be generating jobs.

Have you seen the extensive road improvements in Stockton, the regeneration of it's town centre, Redcar's prom (whether or not you like it) Darlington's plans. All of this costing hundreds of millions. We don't even get the crumbs.

pensionater

Doing a deal with Gus Robinson,never,i thought everything went out to tender.(irony)

Inspector Knacker

Darlington is a marginal, marginals are rewarded. We are a Stepford constituency, we can be safely ignored by all party's.
We seem to have no civic pride or ambition, it's all parish pump politics, little people playing little games, content to  be top in their own parochial empire playing out their own soap opera...... they can't compete with other authorities .. it's like watching Edward Scissorhands making ballloon toys.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

The Great Dictator

seaton

To most people in particular Southerners,  Hartlepool is a little village in the Notrth East where we `hung a monkey then voted in one as Mayor. We are surrounded by Chemical Plants, a Nuclear Power Station, another to be built eventually and a Steelworks across the Bay. The only additions we have made to the `village` over the years are several very big `smelly tips !
Cant see why any large company would want to invest here. One trip too Tesco` s and the surrounding would soon put them of, smell is disgusting. I am surprised Tesco are not complaining, amazing how they keep the stench from inside the shop.

Inspector Knacker

I never did work out why any council would welcome what are badically rubbish sorting plsnts into the very crntre of their town.... other places build shiney developments, we appear to do it different by wrlcoming half the countrys pre landfill detrius..... ok, it's sold as being a green industry and gets the recycling nod, but uf it smells like crap, to me it's crap.... the beads and sandals 'community' may approve, the majority don't ... but Hartlepool is becoming a place were we're just told what to do, majority opinion counts for nothing.

brassed off monkey

Hartlepool has a Fantastic coastline, you can walk from the Marina to the Blue Lagoon on a superb beach & promenade, the likes of South Shields & Scarborough also benefit from lovely Proms, could you in your wildest imaginings think that either South Shields or Scarborough giving planning consent for Tips at the end of there Seafronts ?

We in Hartlepool have the dubious reputation of having a Tip at either end of our meandering Coastal walk, depending on the direction of the wind the walks can be accompanied by a nauseous stench, walk from Newburn Bridge down to the old baths site with a South West breeze blowing & the smells can be sickening.

If you park in the Tesco car park facing onto Baltic street & an Easterly breeze is blowing the same stench is in the air, especialy in this hot weather.

How on earth did these various "waste companies" receive planning permission for such facilities when there are large areas of waste land surrounding the Industrial areas of Teesside, why did the town planners allow the blighting of a maginificent coastline & the central area of the town instead of utilising those areas ?

Only in Hartlepool.

Inspector Knacker

The question is, who is actually steering the good ship Hartlepool...? Who sets the course, just where exactly are we actually going....?
Councillors.....? We have a knot of vacuous self publicists fronting our own terracotta army of the bewildered, who appear fixated on ...... nothing if any consequence.
Do the senior officers of the council actually live in the town, or merely travel in to administer to us.....?  I love it when some suit extolls the virtues of Hartlepool in glowing terms, while living somewhere else and never notices the irony.
The good ship Hartlepool is drifting .....the bridge empty, (photo opportunities excepted).

Stig of the Seaton Dump

All the waste processing plants in the town and the filthy lorries clogging up the local roads make the idea of a master plan a total joke. (Does anything with Master Plan in the title actually happen ?)

What is the point of planting pretty trees along Seaton front when there is a filthy lorry thundering past every minute.
(One day I will count them but I am sure I will get sick after 5 minutes.)

The Dunes at Seaton, why on earth would anybody want a house next door to a tip that stinks, has filth blowing around and is crawling with vermin ?

I don't think people get out much in Hartlepool and therefore don't appreciate that it doesn't have to be like this.

We need to be hard line against anything else bad coming to Hartlepool, even a new power station had better be offered with lots of incentives like a new leisure centre, metro rail service etc. If not we need to be a thorn in the side of those taking advantage of Hartlepool's low standards.
I don't believe it.

fred c

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump link=topic=1132.msg13497#msg13497 date=1375533516

i]We need to be hard line against anything else bad coming to Hartlepool, even a new power station had better be offered with lots of incentives like a new leisure centre, metro rail service etc. If not we need to be a thorn in the side of those taking advantage of Hartlepool's low standards.[/i]

Your spot on with that "Stig" however, we have to be very careful of the Jobs At Any Price Mantra that we have suffered from for years. i remember Mr Chris & the Cake Factory, we had councillors on their prayer mats in welcome... but i remember young people being given a good using, 1 kid spilt some cream on the floor & was charged for it.

700 hundred jobs at Graythorp.... they swallowed that one as well & we had ended up with a Mont Blanc of sh**e on our door step, there are other examples as I`m sure you know.

The Master Plan "Tag" has always been a euphemism for a speculative development that suits the developer rather than the town, things that we excelled at, like the ship restoration & renovation in Hartlepool was admired World Wide The Warrior was lauded by everyone who saw the end results.

What happened to it ? an injection of cash by HBC & a possible government grant might  sustained that Reputation & The Facility, where was our MP then ?

Talk is cheap as the saying goes, but i`m afraid that in Hartlepool, Talk is Bloody Expensive.

Inspector Knacker

One time we complained of filthy heavy industry .... now we 've sunk to the level of  babysitting everybody elses filth for etetnity.

Vincent

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on August 03, 2013, 01: PM
All the waste processing plants in the town and the filthy lorries clogging up the local roads make the idea of a master plan a total joke. (Does anything with Master Plan in the title actually happen ?)

What is the point of planting pretty trees along Seaton front when there is a filthy lorry thundering past every minute.
(One day I will count them but I am sure I will get sick after 5 minutes.)

The Dunes at Seaton, why on earth would anybody want a house next door to a tip that stinks, has filth blowing around and is crawling with vermin ?                   

I don't think people get out much in Hartlepool and therefore don't appreciate that it doesn't have to be like this.

We need to be hard line against anything else bad coming to Hartlepool, even a new power station had better be offered with lots of incentives like a new leisure centre, metro rail service etc. If not we need to be a thorn in the side of those taking advantage of Hartlepool's low standards.

"We need to be hard line" just who are the We - the people of Hartlepool?

Just what are your three indy councillors doing about it - Have you asked them?

Vincent

Quote from: seaton on August 03, 2013, 08: AM
To most people in particular Southerners,  Hartlepool is a little village in the Notrth East where we `hung a monkey then voted in one as Mayor. We are surrounded by Chemical Plants, a Nuclear Power Station, another to be built eventually and a Steelworks across the Bay. The only additions we have made to the `village` over the years are several very big `smelly tips !
Cant see why any large company would want to invest here. One trip too Tesco` s and the surrounding would soon put them of, smell is disgusting. I am surprised Tesco are not complaining, amazing how they keep the stench from inside the shop.

JB have a planning application in for consideration by our leaders to extend the site near Tesco to take in adjacent sites!! - we will soon have to shop at Tesco wearing masks just like the Japanese wear