P.H.F.

Started by Mr Mister, July 23, 2013, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Mister

Has the campaign started yet on the Manor House ward?

If so how far you got?

If not why not?

Please don't reply with a post that has the words "Keeping the powder dry"

testing times

Given that you've already allowed everyone the benefit of your own views on PHF, why would any of them feel inclined to explain themselves to you? You seem to have trouble saying anything nice about anyone.

Why not give it a try, if only to get some idea what it feels like?

The Great Dictator

He's obviously on MRA payroll......Damage limitation officer.

Mr Mister

Quote from: testing times on July 23, 2013, 03: PM
Given that you've already allowed everyone the benefit of your own views on PHF, why would any of them feel inclined to explain themselves to you? You seem to have trouble saying anything nice about anyone.

Why not give it a try, if only to get some idea what it feels like?

No I am perfectly fine as I am, thank you very much Testing Times.

In fact, you can't complain to me about any of my posts, you have no right too, all my posts sunshine are checked by the administrator of this site, if you're bothered about the posts you can read, then thank goodness you can't read the ones that never got through :)

T.G.D. Come on, you know that's not true, you'll be telling everyone I am a member of the Labour party next :/ lol

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Mr Mister on July 23, 2013, 06: PM

T.G.D. Come on, you know that's not true, you'll be telling everyone I am a member of the Labour party next :/ lol
.Who could possibly have thought that.....? ::)
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Hartlepudlion

The problem with PHF is that they can't work together in a common cause though they see it as their strength. In a party political system such as ours there is a time when one has to vote for the common good despite not being in agreement. The whip needs to be used otherwise nothing is achieved and you are out voted:- result ZILCH. The skill is in using the whip judiciously and not all the time as Labour and the Cons do

Let us hope that PHF can show us that they can work together and send Barclay back to where he normally is.

Mr Mister

Riddle5

I did reply but, as I used the words "learning difficulties" my post never made it past the administrator of the site!

Obviously this site being politically correct about such things, needs to maintain a standard, that they felt the post didn't reach.

I would bother replying to you again, but it would be fruitless, so that's that!

Moving on..

I would love to see P.H.F. turn Labour over, I just think that the execution of what they do is so poor, I mean I know little about politics in general, I have a grasp of it but that's about it, good thing for me is, I have known so many dodgy f***ers in my time, that watching these local Councillors and the games they try to play, it's not hard to work out they are "At it".

P.H.F. for the last 18 month & before that on this site, talk the talk from behind a computer but, have achieved very little if anything.

They won 1 seat at last years election, the fella from Raby Rd way, can't remember his name but, that is my point, I honestly can't remember his name, Lilley x2 + Gibbon were always going to get voted in and everyone knew it, then in Seaton Carew they picked up a seat, problem you have is, although I know her name, I have not the first idea what's she done for Seaton, I mean, I expect to hear/read/see something for the good of the local area, that she was responsible for improving, something where the local residents thinks "She's worth the money & vote".

This is on one for instance..

The first thing P.H.F. should have bought was a printing machine, that way you only have to find the price of the ink and paper to smother this town with news of all the positive P.H.F. are doing for the town in people's area's, the supporters would put them out in their local area's, manage it right, you're half way there.

You can be asking people's view on local matters, explaining why you vote a certain way because you believe it's right for the people.

You have to involve the people, you have to engage and they don't, apart from having a picture in the Mail moaning about the pond in Rossie park, they should have been arranging a day and doing it themselves, show the people they mean what they say, actually go out there and do some good and get seen doing it, people see you doing good, so when it comes to voting day, hopefully they vote for them, because they believe they are on their side.

P.H.F. just gives a 5 councillors a bit of safety in numbers, apart from that, what good are they?

As I say, I don't know much about politics but, I do know when I am being had!!

steveL

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on July 24, 2013, 09: AM
The problem with PHF is that they can't work together in a common cause though they see it as their strength. In a party political system such as ours there is a time when one has to vote for the common good despite not being in agreement. The whip needs to be used otherwise nothing is achieved and you are out voted:- result ZILCH. The skill is in using the whip judiciously and not all the time as Labour and the Cons do

Let us hope that PHF can show us that they can work together and send Barclay back to where he normally is.

A cause is not common if not everyone believes in it.

People have the wit to make such judgements regarding the greater good for themselves, the real difference is that there is no compulsion involved and PHF councillors are therefore free to vote as they wish based on their own judgement. It's not just a party thing. PHF believe all councillors should be free to vote as they wish based on their own knowledge and experiences.

Ultimately, you would have 33 councillors all voting according to their own judgement. Isn't this the way that democracy is supposed to work? Or is it meant to work by having a few people making the decisions which others are then forced to follow even if they don't agree with those decisions. Worse, you potentially have councillors forced to follow decisions made by a national party which may not be in the best interests of the local population.

We've all come across people who think their own opinions are more valid than those of other people and quite often those people seek to by-pass the need for debate by gaining the power to override alternative opinions. You see examples of it everywhere. 

I don't buy into the argument that the PHF view results in stalemate; it simply recognises that no one person's opinion is any more important that anyone else's.  To the more ambitious, who think that they as individuals have the solution for every problem and that everyone else is wrong, such open debate is an anathema, of course; Hitler and Stalin being two of them.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mr Mister

Say what you like Steve and about who, but the fact of the matter remains the same.

P.H.F. need a rocket up their ar**!

...and that's the only bit of rocket, in the science of it!

Mr Mister

Let me put it another way..

P.H.F. New group.. white belt

Labour been around the block for a long time, know the score, know the dirty tricks, etc.. black belts..

Well P.H.F. are turning up for their grading, after doing no training and expect to before yellow belts, then they go away and turn back up after no training and expect the next time a black belt.

It just doesn't work that way.

I understand that Hartlepool Post is P.H.F. friendly, I understand why, I understand what you would like to achieve, but, with the best intentions in the world, they are not going to get very far without the effort.

steveL

You're reading the fact that Labour have started early as PHF starting late. It isn't the case and PHF are simply following their own plans.

You have to remember that Labour were out campaigning even before Wilcox resigned. They delayed her inevitable resignation in order to give themselves an extra couple of weeks knowing full well what they were up against. They were right; as they expected, it isn't going well for them, which is why there wasn't the usual stampede of Labour hopefulls competing to be the candidate and why Barclays' was the only name that went forward.

From a PHF point of view, a few more days of Labour being told were to go by voters augers well.

You have to understand how the Manor works and the talk around the estate at the moment is all about those weird leaflets all over the place, of labour faces having doors slammed in them and the fact that Lynda Gooding has backed PHF even going so far as proposing the party's candidate, Mick Stevens.

The A-Bs are pushing the boat out because they know their mishandling of the Wilcox/Manor Res situation has put their arses on the line but there are quite a few in the Labour camp who aren't expecting to win. In fact, I suspect there are some who are rather hoping that they don't so that they can use it as leverage to dump the A-Bs.

The more the Akers-Belchers show their faces around the estate, the more votes PHF will get - I'd even offer them a lift if they were stuck - they're PHF's best campaigners.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Mr Mister

Yeh righto Steve.

I don't want to burst your bubble.

Look you know what I think, I know what you think, for me now I will wait for poling night and see what's what.

Come on let's have a tenner on it, :)

steveL

10p?!!....Jeez, I'm not made of money

Mr Mister

Quote from: steveL on July 24, 2013, 03: PM
10p?!!....Jeez, I'm not made of money

lol.. Right 10p bet on, Labour first over P.H.F.

Don't leave town if you lose :)

DRiddle

QuoteLet me put it another way..

P.H.F. New group.. white belt

Labour been around the block for a long time, know the score, know the dirty tricks, etc.. black belts..

What colour belt was Stuart Drummond wearing when he kept Labour out for over a decade?