Register of Interests

Started by Lord Elpus, July 21, 2013, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

Item 14 on the agenda of Thursdays Council.

"This Council resolves that any contracts for works and services together with
any associated payments made with Private Companies and
Voluntary/Community Sector Organisations, declared upon any elected
members 'Register of Interests' forms must be endorsed and approved by full
Council."

Signed by:
Councillor C Akers-Belcher
Councillor Richardson
Councillor Simmons
Councillor Jackson
Councillor Cranney

This will in effect override the current process which is made by impartial Officers (who I trust).  One of the reasons why WCNE got the Connected care contract in the first place was because elected members ignored officers recommendations.

Unbelievable.

testing times

Isn't this just a bit pointless and even stupid. With Mr Mitchell's report into the register of interests of councillors due anytime now, what is the point in tinkering with the subject now? Surely it makes more sense to wait until the report is out before coming up with any proposals?

steveL

It seems pretty clear what this is about. It was July 12th when we first broke the news that after going through the tendering process criteria council officers had recommended that the remaining Connected Care contract should go to a MIND/HVDA joint tender. That process is a points assessment system using a range of different criteria and is designed to ensure that decisions are based on an impartial and objective assessment.  Very similar processes are used in most, if not all, local authorities.

This latest proposal has popped up because the conclusion of this assesment process, that the remaining Connected care contract should go to MIND/HVDA, didn't comply with Labour's wishes that it should go to Wilcox/Cranney's Who Cares(NE).

Last week, The Mail dutifully covered Labour's hurried position that no decision had been made yet complete with Cranney's picture stuck at the top of it.

All of which tells us that Labour have been looking for ways to overturn the recommendation of council officers and the normal assessment process. Their answer is the above proposal which will allow them to do just that.

It seems that despite all of the s**t surrounding Manor Residents/Who cares(NE), Labour are determined that the contract will still be given to Wilcox/Cranney sticking two fingers up at any attempt at objective assessment.

It is, quite simply, corrupt. 

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

TSteels

For me the person who should be most politically worried about this is Shane. Because Shane, if you are reading this, if the Tories vote for this act of corruption you can kiss your hopes of parliamentary success goodbye!

Shane, I beg you as a citizen of Hartlepool, make it clear to your Tory colleagues and the public YOU WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!!!!!

mk1

Shane is in a quandry.
Does he close his eyes and ignore the fact Wells is running the local Conservative party as his own personal property in order to keep alive hopes of a chance at election?
Does he say what he really thinks about Ray in public and kiss goodbye to  all chance of any part in local politics?
Shane has the same choice as anyone wedded to one party. Promote the party line first, second and last for personal advancement or stand up for truth and honesty and get booted out.

not4me

So for all the posturing, Labour are STILL trying to give this contract to their two mates even when the amount of evidence of their incompetence and, in Angie's case, her dishonesty. is reaching mountainous proportions.

TSteels

Shane will have his party members and a huge percentage of the public if he makes a stand.

brassed off monkey

It looks as though it is now the, Caring Sharing Divvy It Up Between Us Labour Party.

Dispicable, simply Dispicable no wonder lifelong Labour supporters in Hartlepool are disallusioned by what this lot are up to.

mk1

Quote from: not4me on July 21, 2013, 10: PM
So for all the posturing, Labour are STILL trying to give this contract to their two mates even when the amount of evidence of their incompetence and, in Angie's case, her dishonesty. is reaching mountainous proportions.

It was part of the deal for Angie to go without taking the two fatties down with her.
A couple of million  of taxpayers money is a considered a small price to pay to protect their bloated reputations.
The hope is that Angie can at least cover her tracks, not get caught with too much money salted away and does not get charged with conspiracy.  From what I see on here it looks like someone is teaching her how to get assets out of reach by  bogus  sales to friends and family.
However if the police have got all the Manor computers then I think  the sky is going to fall on Angie and the two tubs of lard...........

brassed off monkey

Quote from: mk1 on July 21, 2013, 10: PM
Quote from: not4me on July 21, 2013, 10: PM

It was part of the deal for Angie to go without taking the two fatties down with her.
A couple of million  of taxpayers money is a considered a small price to pay to protect their bloated reputations.
The hope is that Angie can at least cover her tracks, not get caught with too much money salted away and does not get charged with conspiracy.  From what I see on here it looks like someone is teaching her how to get assets out of reach by  bogus  sales to friends and family.
However if the police have got all the Manor computers then I think  the sky is going to fall on Angie and the two tubs of lard...........

Hence the 2 Month period of grace..... aka...... Get shot of any incriminating evidence period

mk1

When the sh*it  finaly hits the fan you will be told how Angie 'was not really a Labour insider' (Hall was peddling this line recently) and how it was a mistake to invite her in. It is a load of bollocks and see here how  'close' they all really are:

[/URL]

The Great Dictator

Little stunners the lot of them..

SRMoore

QuoteThis Council resolves that any contracts for works and services together with
any associated payments made with Private Companies and
Voluntary/Community Sector Organisations, declared upon any elected
members 'Register of Interests' forms must be endorsed and approved by full
Council.

Whilst there are understandably questions being raised as to the motive behind this resolution I do not believe it is for the reasons some on here have stated.

The wording states that contracts for works and services must be "endorsed and approved" by full council. It doesn't state that full council will have the ability to choose which companies/charities are shortlisted and brought forward for endorsement.

I look forward to seeing how this is played out and how members vote/people react.

craig finton

The way I see it, it is political intereference in the tendering process. haven't we had enough of that?

DRiddle

Come on Shane... wake up fella.