An open letter to Lynda G...

Started by DRiddle, July 16, 2013, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

Dear Mrs Gooding,

I do not know you, but I've followed your battle with the management of The Manor Residents Association with interest.

Firstly, can I just say on behalf of most, if not all, of the people who contribute to this sight, how proud we all are of you.
A lot of us have experienced first-hand the vindictiveness of certain members of our local political figures, though few of us can claim to have been treated quite as badly as you.

You were grossly let down by the very people who had a legal and moral duty to protect you.

Despite all of that, you have conducted yourself with dignity right throughout this whole saga and there are many within our council who could learn a lot from you, about how to behave.

To come to the point, I think I speak for an awful lot of people on this sight, as well as on your estate, and indeed, across the whole of Hartlepool, when I say we would love it if you stood for election.

I understand that you maybe perhaps a little apprehensive about this, politics is not for everyone and you've already been through a lot.

However, if you think about it, who could speak or represent the views of the people of your estate better than you?
You're local, have a lot of friends and family who live in the area and you know the problems people face in your ward better than anyone. You live it, breathe it and sleep it.

Even if you're not confident to speak up in the council chamber, if you stood for election I am sure there would be other non-Labour Councillors willing to help you and guide you through the process.

Also, it's looking increasingly likely that you will struggle to get your £9,000 awarded to you by a court. The £6,000 allowance you would be entitled to as a ward councillor would go some way towards addressing that.

The alternative to you winning the seat appears to be Allan Barclay, who will stand for the Labour Party.

Frankly, if it were a choice between a lady (yourself) who understands her area of town, can see the problems and issues from the eyes of a normal everyday person, and who genuinely cares about your estate... or him.

I know who I'd be voting for.

Local Councils shouldn't be about party politics or a way to top up a pension. It should involve local people who care, who genuinely care about their area.

Local people like you.

Give it some thought.

:)

mk1

In cases such as this the usual way forward is to contact your MP. I am sure he will be outraged to find firms in his back yard not paying minimum wage and he should spring swiftly into action to 'wright' this wrong.
I know it is a joke but this is exactly the issue an MP should be tackling. For one it should get him off his ar*se and  make him chose a side.
It might help if Linda also contacted one of her local councillors. An official approach to one of them (may I suggest the big fat one) would also be revealing. They are fond of boasting how much they do for locals so put them to the test.
This is a really good opportunity to pin down these people and it is a path worth exploring.

fred c

Whatever Mrs Gooding decides to do, i think she do it for herself, she has shown by her actions that local people can stand up for what is right

Coincidently her actions are those we should expect of all local civic representative, & if nothing else Lynda has reminded every councillor that they should put Hartlepool & its residents before self interest.

Well done Lynda Gooding.

steveL

Mrs Gooding has done her bit to remind us all about the difference between right and wrong and that sometimes you have to be prepared to fight for it. I've no doubt that the whole town is behind her and I hope she takes some comfort from that. It's just a pity that some of those who are supposed to be representing the interests of ordinary people like Lynda seem have fallen into the trap of putting their own interests first.

Lynda now deserves to be able put her feet up for a while and reclaim some of the family life that has perhaps been pushed to one side longer than it should have been.

Can I suggest to the letter writers among you that an e-mail or letter to Ian Wright or the Hartlepool Mail would show your true support for Lynda suggesting that it's time for these matters to be concluded by the prompt payment of any compensation due.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

All very true. I think Mrs Gooding endorsing the candidate she thinks will serve her well is important. It's also important for whoever is already on the council to fight for her.