Tribunal Winner Forced to Seek Enforcement Order

Started by steveL, July 15, 2013, 11: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

Her refusal to pay Lynda makes the company/charity should now exclude MRA from applying for council grants and donations. I feel a complaint to the Ombudsman coming on, anyone interested ?

Stig of the Seaton Dump

I don't see the problem with a bit of action and helping Linda with a whip round for those in HTH that are happy to.

Respectfully £100 must be a large sum of money to Linda as it is to most of us including me.

I would encourage everybody that reads this page to think if they want to make a difference and help Linda.

I don't believe it.

steveL

I would have thought that it was crystal clear from the action taken by the lady against Manor Residents that Lynda Gooding isn't the type to be 'used' by anyone.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on July 17, 2013, 09: AM
I don't see the problem with a bit of action and helping Linda with a whip round for those in HTH that are happy to.

Respectfully £100 must be a large sum of money to Linda as it is to most of us including me.

I would encourage everybody that reads this page to think if they want to make a difference and help Linda.

I agree Stig, but there was no need to attempt a political hi-jack of the situation, I suspect Lynda Gooding isn`t the kind of person to be used by anybody, as her actions against MRA have shown.

fred c

Quote from: fred c on July 17, 2013, 10: AM
Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on July 17, 2013, 09: AM

I agree Stig, but there was no need to attempt a political hi-jack of the situation, I suspect Lynda Gooding isn`t the kind of person to be used by anybody, as her actions against MRA have shown.

Quote by steveL.......

I would have thought that the action taken by the lady against Manor Residents makes it crystal clear that Lynda Gooding isn't the type to be 'used' by anyone.

A Completely Coincidental Post

Fred

Hartlepudlion

Fredc: talking about being unfair, you are to Shane. You know Shane quite  well so I think your gibe re Lynda is uncalled for. Shane is a very decent man, if still a little naive,and I am sure his offer to help is genuine and NOT a political ploy. It is unworthy of you to suggest it is.

As to the rest of your post, I have to agree that the towing the line RW sets is equally as odious as the Labour whip. However, you do know that Shane fights against this and has stood out on this forum and others to support the campaign against Labour mis-management. Unfortunately, RW sets the agenda and the others meekly follow.

fred c

Hartlepudlion.......

I don`t think my comments were unfair, i thought the attempt to politicise Mrs Goodings position isn`t the right thing to do, as my subsequent comments tried to make clear.

If Shane had appealed for members of HTH to contribute to a collection that in my opinion would have been enough, no need to mention any political party.

I have met Shane a number of times, so i don`t know him well, but i do think that he has Hartlepool at heart & i can`t fault him for that, he does have a genuine commitment to the town & i can`t fault him for that either.

I can`t fault your assessment that he is young & a little naive, or your assessment of who sets the tory agenda in Full Council.

steveL

Nice piece in The Mail about the Traveller's Sites, Shane. Not quite so sure how it fits in with George falling sleep during the meeting when Labour slipped Briarfields in as a possible site.  ;)

The most likely site, from what I hear, is your own West View next to the embankment.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

I never really fully undrestand the "political tool" argument and using a situation for political advantage, or such like.

I remember one Stephen Akers-Belcher accusing people of "electioneering" in the meeting about faith bus funding, as well as a comment recently that the MRA issue was being used as a "political football".

Of course there was electioneering in that meeting, and obvioulsy the MRA issues became a political football. 

That's part and parcel of politics.

When Iain Wright stands with a pastie in his mouth, is he really bothered if a steak bake costs a few pence more? of course not.

When Ray Wells satnds next to the fountain in the park and talks about it being fixed, what's the real point of that?

Shane, with respect, when you contact the mail and stand there pictured explaining your letter to Mr Pickles about the gypsy camps, you may well be 100% sincere in your words, but it's also a nice "profile builder" for a would be MP. Correct?

Likewise, announcing 2 years before an election that you intend to stand... is that a political tool?

Complaining that a politician, or a would be politician, uses a situation as a "political tool" or to gain some sort of political advantage is like going to see a Rolling Stones concert and then complaining that Mick Jagger was singing.

SRMoore

Quote from: fred c on July 17, 2013, 11: AM
Hartlepudlion.......

I thought the attempt to politicise Mrs Goodings position isn`t the right thing to do.

My thoughts exactly, Fred and exactly the reason why I brought the subject up. But in the red fog of rage, those attacking me failed to see what has now been confirmed as true.

So, can I count Fred, SteveL & DRiddle in on the donation or not?

DRiddle

As I say, I don't deny political people use issues for political gain in one form or another.

Personally, i'm obviously happy to put up money but...... I'd be a bit more considerate of Mrs Goodings feelings in all of this. She's might not want to be portrayed as some sort of charity case who is looking for a handout.

She's conducted herself with dignity, she likely to want to keep it that way.

The real crime here is that people are on a message board talking about chipping in the odd tenner when Hartlepool Borough Council are sitting on cash reserves in excess of £31 million.

Shane, what you should be doing is pushing Mr Wells et al into shaming Labour into paying out the money, not shaking your tin at us asking for a tenner. 

lynda

Thanks to all for wanting to help. The money I spend in enforcing this award gets added to it. So its really not costing me anything.I will use all methods of enforcement available to me by law to get my award,  ;)

SRMoore

Hi Lynda, I'm glad to hear that you won't be left out of pocket from the cost of further enforcement.

Whilst some may accuse me of being too forward in proposing members here helped out, I'm pleased you see it for the genuine offer of support that it was.

mk1

Enforcement' means a Baliff visiting Angie to sieze some (sizeable)asset. Given she has a   serial asset hider as her partner I think we should not be so sure justice will be done.
Note also the help she has been given by the f**ty Belchers.  Part of the deal for her going quietly was that no one would stop her funding or interfere as she  works on the books to cover her tracks.

I presume the upcoming by election will be the usual catfight where 'no hope' parties will all field a candidate  making sure the inebriate squaddy sneaks back in.

mk1

There is no chance Wells will drop out. He has to help his mates (The fa*tty Belchers) otherwise they will stop feeding his ego and giving him a chair.
Given Nigel's delusions of power I expect UKIP to  have another go so that's Barclay in for sure.