free swimming scheme

Started by marky, July 14, 2013, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marky

"Also many families in Hartlepool do not have their own car so providing free transport will make things easier as well as saving them money."

I suppose that would also apply when people are forced to travel to North Tees for medical treatment which doesn't quite fit in with Labour's lack of any real opposition to the closure of services at Hartlepool Hospital.

Hypocrites.

Inspector Knacker

How many politicians does it take to announce a free swim scheme on the steps outside Mill House...?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: marky on July 14, 2013, 02: PM
"Labour's lack of any real opposition to the closure of services at Hartlepool Hospital.

Hypocrites.

As a comparison to our very own Labour council, I'm sure I read in Saturdays Daily Mirror that a Labour council in Manchester are prepared to sue the health secretary should he decide to go ahead with the closure of one of Manchesters Accident and Emergency departments.

Sorry I cant be more specific. Cant find a link and I was reading over someones shoulder :-[
'They don't like it up em'

steveL

A bit of a mystery as to where the money came from to fund this one but it turns out that CAB decided that this one didn't need to go through any committeess for discussion and made the decision himself, coincidentally just as Wilcox resigned, forcing a by-election.

It's a scary thought that CAB is able to do this without it being discussed by the rest of the council. These are tight times moneywise and money spent on a personal whim in this way is money not available for other things. It's not as if there hasn't been sufficient time to discuss the idea so why the urgency? As we've seen from Marj's War Chest, this shower aren't above spending taxpayer's money to their own advantage.

http://www.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/column%20black%20cat%20uncle%20carl.htm
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

marky

That is scary. The swimming scheme only lasts a week so it looks a bit like a pre-by-election gimmick. Let's hope he targets Seaton's paddling pool next  ;D

brassed off monkey

He`s a "Leader" alright, runs around making on he is actually doing something, but in real terms all he achieves is a state of self delusion, he certainly holds himself in the highest esteem.

In the real world ie. the private sector he wouldn`t last 5 minutes.

steveL

Quote from: marky on July 16, 2013, 02: PM
That is scary. The swimming scheme only lasts a week so it looks a bit like a pre-by-election gimmick. Let's hope he targets Seaton's paddling pool next  ;D

Don't know where you got the week thing from, Marky. It lasts from July 24th to August 30th which a about 5-ish weeks
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.